Making MAME Wii a Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by spaceace414, Nov 30, 2016.

1. spaceace414
    OP

spaceace414 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Hey folks,

I downloaded MAME Wii yesterday and it is great. I was looking for a way to make it a channel on my Wii and found MAME Channel - SDLM.wad. It looks like a great channel with some decent animation. I believe it was actually developed for an older version of MAME Wii and I was hoping it would work.

It installed great but when I launch it the channel comes up, I hit start, then it basically takes me back to the Home Screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this or does anyone know of a good way to create MAME Wii into a channel?

I am pretty much a noob but trying to learn.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Making a full channel of homebrew isn't generally a good idea because it's more difficult to update. Your best bet is to get one of the MAME forwarder channels. You only have to install forwarders once as they look for the homebrew on SD/HDD in the /apps folder and launch it from there.

3. SamThiiSaminator

SamThiiSaminator Makes everything 3ds-related brick

Dec 14, 2016
    West Sussex, England
    CustomizeMii is capable of doing this whilst retaining all banners and animations.

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It is, but you have to reinject the dol then users have to download it and reinstall it. Forwarders do not require this.

5. SamThiiSaminator

SamThiiSaminator Makes everything 3ds-related brick

Dec 14, 2016
    West Sussex, England
    That's not always the case. I use JoostinOnline's HBC Forwarder app to make mine.