Hacking Making CycloDS Purchase

joelsoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I'm extremely paranoid about purchasing a clone/fake now because I purchased an R4 Ultra and it's giving me major headaches.
So I've opted to purchase one I can be sure is a real card.

http://www.ozmodchips.com/cyclods-evolutio...shell-p-26.html

But I'd like your help to ensure this is a real CycloDS Evolution. I purchased the R4 Ultra from here before so I want to be sure.

Also - Their wiki "http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index.php?title=CycloDs" for the CycloDS, in case you need further information. It may help determine its authenticity

I'm also assuming that this flashcart is still very well supported, this is true right?

Lastly, is the official website http://cyclopsds.com/ ? Would really put my mind at ease with confirmation from the community

Help please?
Thanks

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd best get an Acekard 2i: Acekard 2i @ www.shoptemp.com

or a DSTWO which is cheaper but better DSTWO @ www.shoptemp.com

But, if you really want a CycloDS, trust Shoptemp, they don't sell fakes:

CycloDS @ www.shoptemp.com

CycloDS isn't what it used to be. It's still extremely pricey. And with the DSTWO, it can do everything the CycloDS can do, and more. And it's cheaper. Support for the CycloDS has drastically dropped recently. It's definitely not the recommended card I would say. Unless you're a collector of all the cards and want the CycloDS no matter what, get the DSTWO or Acekard 2i. Both have great support. DSTWO just has better support, can play the newer games almost instantly, GBA and SNES emulation..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo is not very well supported, in fact they let their domain lapse for a while earlier (which is a huge sign of not really caring). In addition the cyclo team has shown no future plans, they never even made a DSi-compatible cart.

The Supercard DSTwo is cheaper and has way more features and proper support (and it's getting new features as well), for a cheaper price. It's topped the Cyclo and is now the ultimate cart.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
ozmodchips does sell real CycloDSes however the CycloDS is not what it was in the DS Phat/DS lite 'era'. The support was once great, the features were great but now it would be best for you to buy one of the flashcarts mentioned above.

joelsoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Understood! Much appreciated everyone. Supercard DS TWO from Shoptemp is what i'll be getting.
happy.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joelsoh said:
Oh one more thing, what is "Premium Update + Flashing Service" on Shoptemp?

if you're buying a dstwo, than you don't need it
it's for updating flash cart, but on the dstwo, it's included in the EOS so you don't need it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China