Making "CFW" instalers?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Excellentnuke, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010
  1. Excellentnuke
    OP

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Where can I find out how to do this? I just want to make a simple one for myself so I can recover my flash0 since I installed some plugins to it. This is for when I upgrade to the newest OFW so I can run legit games. I know Prometheus allows me to run UMDs on CFW. I just want to play games such as Phantasy Star Portable 2 with full features and so I can get the updates to it since they update through the XMB.

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    You'll still have to buy PSP2 if you want the full features due to it's License thingie.

3. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    I know. I plan on dumping the UMD, upgrading to OFW to update when necessary, then playing normally using PSNLover.

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    If you plan on upgrading to OFW then back to CFW you'll still need a pandora battery though.

5. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    I know. I'm not new to this [​IMG] I already boot using a Pandora on my Phat PSP.

6. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure exactly what you intend to achieve, but TZS isn't a CFW. It's a very basic LUA script that installs a few files to flash. It will ONLY work on a PSP that already has CFW and does nothing a few plugins won't do. (In fact, it basically only installs those plugins). It also contains a few illegal modules from OFW.

7. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    I just want to install a few files to flash so I can upgrade to OFW and downgrade as I please without having to manually reflash some plugins.

8. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Assuming you're updating to OFW, how do you propose to access flash0 again? Via a Pandora? If so why overcomplicate the issue...just use a standard MMS creation utility....

9. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    I know what I'm doing. I plan on updating occasionally to OFW then using my Pandora/MMS to downgrade back to M33-4. Then I update to M33-6 and reflash my plugins so that I don't have to worry about keeping them on both of my memory sticks.

10. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Why are you flashing plugins to flash0 anyway? Just keep a pre-prepared seplugins folder....takes 2 seconds to copy that across.

11. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    So basically you want a tool to install a few plugins in flash0 on a CFW? That's fairly simple to do, you could easily modify the LUA scripts used by TZS installer to install different plugins. Just replace the plugins in the "slim" folder and then edit "slim.lua" and change the names of the plugins to get copied, and remove any unnecessary files you don't want copied (e.g. VSHCTRL.prx, which just changes the firmware version to "5.00 TZS-6"). You say you know what you're doing, so I guess you should be able to work out what needs flashed and where exactly to put it, the only mildly tricky part is editing the LUA script, but it should be pretty self explanatory. (Just edit it in a text editor BTW).

12. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Hmm why not just use the possibility of the Pandora to start into original FW btw. CFW Firmware (that are on the Memory Card) ?