Make AC:NL save work on another 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sanne, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Sanne
    OP

Sanne Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    I don't know if what I want is even possible, so my apologies in advance if this makes no sense what so ever.

My 3DS was just exchanged by Nintendo for a new one because of it being defective. The the store who arranged the exchanged forgot to send along the SD card, however. When I inserted my old SD card, containing two legally downloaded games and their saves, into my new 3ds, the downloaded games didn't appear. I can dowload them again for free, but the saves don't show up. I have called Nintendo, but they can't help me, because my old 3DS is no longer in their possesion. They told me my saves don't work because they are connected to the serial number of my old 3DS. I have both serial numbers.

Is there a way to hack my SD card and make my Animal Crossing New Leaf save work on my new DS?

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    There's currently no way to do it. Eshop saves and data are encrypted and nobody has found a way to decrypt them yet, not taking into account whether there is even more at play than just encryption.

3. Sanne
    OP

Sanne Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    That's unfortunate news. :(
    Thanks a lot for your quick response!

4. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Stuff like this makes me sad. The hassles we have to go through in the name of fighting piracy :(

5. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    This is one reason why physical game carts are better than downloads.