Make a Name for a Game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so their only way of getting money is thru scams?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Exactly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Why not they just mine Monero instead of scamming vulnerable people? If they have a decent machine they can hit a jackpot at any given time.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Bitcoin on the other hand, requires a very powerful mining rig and is more costly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, different cultures so probably they have their reasons
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes a $2,000 rig for $5 a day
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Or could be in correlation to laws.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Technically, cryptocurrencies aren't illegal, as long as you don't use it for criminal activity. If you sign up with an exchange, and that they get a tip from law enforcement, they have the right to freeze your assets.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I heard law is vastly different there
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Was called Libra, they had around 100 employees and wanted to hire more near to end of the year.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, idk why facebook tried to do that metaverse thing if mmo games already existed before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And Yea I refuse to call it meta
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name. +1