Majoras mask

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Virdoo, May 14, 2017.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

So, I tried to install The Legend of Zelda Majorask Mask on my new 3DS using FBI (A9lh+luma). Installing goes well, but as soon as I turn on the game, it crashes saying something like error has occurred, system needs to restart. Only thing which I can get is loading screen of the game for a few seconds and then error. I have tried multiple cias, but same thing. For now seems only I have problem with that game so far. Any way to fix it? Does update 11.4 has something to do with it?

2. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Custom Title

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
    It was most likely a corrupt cia, you'd have better luck using FreeShop to download it instead.

3. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Not sayin' that you have to...
    But Freeshop is better at this than .cias.

Also, I'm not that much into this, but it may be your cia's fault.

4. souler92

souler92 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2017
    Netherlands
    yup better use freeshop because you download "legit" cia files

5. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    This occurred to me a couple of times and I managed to fix this by installing .cia the same region as the console.

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    is this the first/only game to ever give you this kind of trouble?
    a corrupt cia would usually already have trouble installing itself, so it also might be a problem with your sd card.
    in case the freeshop route doesn't work, that's probably the next thing to check out

7. uzumaki_1

uzumaki_1 Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    I had the exact same issue with the EUR version of the game and was referred to FreeShop. It's much easier than taking your sd card out and transferring files etc. It worked with FreeShop so get that!!

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    This is not first game which I'm installing. I have installed already a lot of games and few A9LH across few devices already, so more likely it's problem just in game, I believe. Also tried to install USA and EUR region and still couldn't fix it. About that freeshop. I have bad feeling about it since I'm downloading it directly from Nintendos servers. It doesn't seems to be safe for me.

9. kikongokiller

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
    FreeShop is perfectly safe to use, It's not like Nintendo is gonna bust your door down and arrest you on the spot.

10. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Alright then. Since I have already A9LH and luma. I just need to download freeshop.cia and install it?

11. uzumaki_1

uzumaki_1 Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    Yes use the following guide: https://freeshop.pw/get-started/ if you used the following guide to install CFW: https://3ds.guide/ then follow on from step 3

12. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Can Nintendo ban my eshop account or console just like they did with leaked version of Pokemon Sun/Moon?

13. kikongokiller

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
    They would have banned me a long time ago if they could.

14. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    no, the only reason nintendo was able to ban anyone back then was because the game was leaked early and they logged attempts to try and connect with the trading/spotpass servers.

games on freeshop are only downloadable after the official release so thats a nonissue.
    with several thousands of people having used it without a problem, its save to assume nintendo has no way to connect these downloads to your account.