Hacking Major Wii Banner Brick

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im just trying to help dont be like that or nobody will wanna help you you you can buy the game and once its fixed use it to have fun

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if it's just me, but ive been following this thead since day one and yet, im unable to figure out, what the problem is. It's just too confusing, how can someone have a banner brick when he doesnt even know what Wadamanager is?
How did he install a bad Wad if he doesnt have HBC installed and doesnt even know how to use Twilight hack or banner bomb.
It's just too confusing for me. Can someone more intellligent than I am explain to me plz?
Thanks in advance

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I've just been feeling down after each and every other method described hasn't worked at all.

Can't help but feel pretty pessimistic about this one, as well.

*starts downloading Resort ISO*

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WSR won't do anything for you, it will not have the 4.1 update, no game does. 4.1 came out IN RESPONSE to a bug in WSR, no way it would include the update on the disc when it came out after it was made.

WSR has the 3.4 update like any other new game. So you shouldn't need to bother downloading that.

Your brick is very likely not a banner brick if you have not installed anything with wad manager. It is a different kind of brick. So don't call it a banner brick anymore.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, so I have a very special type of brick that makes you THINK it's a Banner Brick.

Alright, looks like we've got a new kind of brick. I dub it the Saito Wii Brick. *hit*

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SaitoKojima said:
Great, so I have a very special type of brick that makes you THINK it's a Banner Brick.

Alright, looks like we've got a new kind of brick. I dub it the Saito Wii Brick. *hit*

I believe installing a normal IOS60 while having preloader on 4.0/4.1 also causes a "brick" that gives you the system menu is corrupt message as well, so banner bricks aren't the only thing that can cause that message. That type of brick is easily fixed by holding reset while booting to load up preloader and then using it to load the HBC to reinstall preloader though.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you could try holding down the reset button and turning on the wii and see if the preloader menu comes up anyways since you don't really have anything better to do with it at the moment.

Likely won't do anything, but if you're not sure, I guess it's worth a shot.

I was more just pointing it out to say that other things can cause that system menu is corrupt message aside from banner bricks.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
judt found this on tehskeen.com on a topic aboout smashstack exploit

QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
Originally Posted by rizapn View Post
I see a possibility to use this exploit to help people from a banner brick.

Go to Recovery Menu with SaveMiiFrii --> insert the game disc (autoboot) and SD Card with the exploit trigger and all needed apps --> play the game, run the exploit to launch WAD Installer or any other recovery tools ...

No need to have anything installed before the (banner) brick ...
you cant autoboot USA SSBB , autoboot is checked by the game and if detected game stack and write error like put the game in the wii

not sure if its true or not though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1