Gaming Major HDD Issue

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so im almost sure im completely screwed but im going to ask anyway...

My HDD is (i think corrupt) because during the final stages of a windows 7 installation i turned my comp off cause it was acting all wierd and stayed on the same screen (completeing installation...for about an hour) so i rebooted and tried to load the disc again thinking i could just try to reinstall it but now whenever i load the disc it stays on the strat windows screen and wont proceed!

Any way to fix this???

I want to try to reinstall windows

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My laptop came previously installed W7 so I don't know about this, but i would just format your hard drive again through some crazy method of using it as a slave drive and formatting it on the other computer, (do not use magnets, apparently :s)

Option one would be the best bet in my opinion or sending it to a repair shop, but I've had no experience in doing this or ever using a slave drive so you might want to look on tech sites. Good luck, and enjoy windows 7 when it's fixed
biggrin.gif

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
I'd find another OS and a perhaps a USB or CD to put GParted Live and format your HDD through that then swap in the Win 7 disc.

I was actually thinking about that. I was going to get the latest Ubuntu Desktop CD and boot from it into the live desktop use gParted and try to format it that way but i wasnt sure if it would work or not. and my friends computer (the one im using since mine just crapped out on me) doesnt have a CD burner (i dont think)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DQScott95 said:
Hakoda said:
I'd find another OS and a perhaps a USB or CD to put GParted Live and format your HDD through that then swap in the Win 7 disc.

I was actually thinking about that. I was going to get the latest Ubuntu Desktop CD and boot from it into the live desktop use gParted and try to format it that way but i wasnt sure if it would work or not. and my friends computer (the one im using since mine just crapped out on me) doesnt have a CD burner (i dont think)
Find like a 512MB USB and follow the instructions on this page: Link. Make sure when you download GParted, download the ZIP not the ISO if you want to boot by USB. Also make sure the motherboard can even boot by USB before you start @_@.

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
DQScott95 said:
Hakoda said:

Find like a 512MB USB and follow the instructions on this page: Link. Make sure when you download GParted, download the ZIP not the ISO if you want to boot by USB. Also make sure the motherboard can even boot by USB before you start @_@.

Oh my god thank you so much this worked and im reinstalling windows 7 (saved my life!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill