Hacking Major Acekard 2i/iEdge Problem - Help!

mrmime77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, I'm new here, been reading the forums for a while but never signed up. But right now I'm in a pickle, and I need help, desperately. Sort of. :-P Up until some time ago, I had been using an R4. Never had any problems with it, but then when I did an update the thing died on me. I'd had it for quite some time and used it a lot, and I had backups of all my roms & saves, so no big deal. I tried to fix it, quite a lot, but to no avail.

So, after doing some research I decided to get an Acekard 2i. I used a DS Lite back then, but had already decided to get a DSi or XL sometime in the future, so I figured I might as well get the Acekard 2i. I heard it was really good. Well, too bad, I've had the thing for over 2 months now and have never been able to play a single game on it.
The card starts up, I can get into the menu, but when I get to my game folder, all the game icons have changed to a generic grey DS icon and won't load. After selecting a game the screen goes either white or black and freezes. A few times I've had icons appear, but only for the 1st 32 games, or 2.12 GB of data. I've formatted my mirco SD card dozens of times using tons of different formatting tools, including the 'SDFormatter' and an official HP one. No luck. I tried 4 different micro SD cards, ranging from 8-16 GB and from different manufacturers. And not crappy chinese imports, either. I've tried every possible firmware version, both the official and the Akaio one, including older versions.

After countless failed tries, I decided maybe I'd gotten a fake card. So I bought a new Acekard 2i, from an official reseller. Same problem. This all happened on my DS Lite. Last month, I got an XL, and guess what? Same problem. I did the 1.4 update thing on my Lite, too. Many times. On my XL, I can sometimes, rarely, get some games to load, but only now and then, and again only the 1st 32 of my collection.
I tried putting the games in multiple folders, thinking maybe for some weird reason the system couldn't handle too much data in one folder. No luck. I even tried re-downloading some roms, but nothing changed.

I've scoured the internet for many, many, many hours trying to find a solution, but so far I haven't even found anyone with the same problem. This week I decided to get an iEdge, but it's giving me the same FRICKING PROBLEM! Only the 1st 32 games load, but when they do, I get an error message telling me I can't save the game. This happens on both my XL and Lite. Believe me, I'm not some noob, and I know what I'm doing, I've done all the necessary flashing, formatting, re-installing firmware and whatnot, but nothing works. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone, any help? Please? It'd be very much appreciated. :-(

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried downloading fresh clean unpatched ROMS?

A lot of people patch their games with the R4, which can lead to problems on AKAIO.

Have you tried doing a full erase with the Panasonic SD formatter?

Have you tried using another card reader? some card readers cause issues, also try it in someone elses PC.

mrmime77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tk_saturn said:
Have you tried downloading fresh clean unpatched ROMS?

A lot of people patch their games with the R4, which can lead to problems on AKAIO.

Have you tried doing a full erase with the Panasonic SD formatter?

Have you tried using another card reader? some card readers cause issues, also try it in someone elses PC.

Yes, I've tried all that, with no success, unfortunately...

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try the paper trick on your first acekard put a piece of card under the motherboard of the ak2i and betweeen the plastic cover there were some good pics on gbatemp of the paper trick it worked for mine never had a contact issue since

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not telling you a n00b
blink.gif
but did you extract the files with WinRAR or WinZIP?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gary2010 said:
try the paper trick on your first acekard put a piece of card under the motherboard of the ak2i and betweeen the plastic cover there were some good pics on gbatemp of the paper trick it worked for mine never had a contact issue since
You're refering to mine.

IMG_3220.JPG

from my guide http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

It's an issue with the MicroSD card and not the flashcart. The reason it's displaying a grey DS Icon instead of the game icon is likely because the ROM is corrupt.

Download NDScrc and use that to confirm all your ROMs are good.

If they are, there's a way to confirm if they are corrupting on the MicroSD card. Download QuickPar. Create a directory on your HardDisk with 4-6GB of ROMS, and use quickpar to create a parity file (par2) of those ROMs. Copy those ROMS to the root directory of your MicroSD card along with the par2 files. Once copied, remove the MicroSD card from your computer and reinsert it. Now open the par2 on the MicroSD card with Quickpar, and verify those ROM files are identical to those on your HardDisk.

strider209

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. So far only around 30 or so of the ROMs on my generic 8gb sdhc card will work. The others show the generic icon. Each time I formatted and copied over files, about 30 of them would work and they seemed to always be a random 30 ROMs. I've tried 2 different card readers and used both 7zip and winrar to unarchive files. I haven't tried using a different computer yet. I'm starting to thing its the crappy sdhc card I'm using. Is there a preferred card to use? I want an 8GB and I have a Frys and Microcenter local to me. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! BTW: Not sure if it makes a difference but the computer I'm using is running Win7 64bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY