tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
so had pune not pointed out the overflow, you guys still would have found and released it when you did?

edit...
and as you can see...nowhere does pune claim sole credit for anything. infact, there is a CREDITS section that lists everyone involved and their roles...
maybe you could do the same?
If someone says "I think there's a bug in " you can't blame people for investigating.
I didn't see pune give credit to this guy in his mailbomb video - without his post, he wouldn't have discovered the SD message backup feature (which was really the only knowledge needed to create it).

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
I was just wondering when the sources are going to be available?
Maybe they are build from the ground up and don't contain any gpl source?
It's just a matter of being able to learn something from it.
I mean, is there a reason why for instance the sources of the hbc and bannerbomb aren't available?

I imagine that they probably built it from the ground up. In addition, if it were open source, that would probably make it easier for Nintendo to patch (if they would even bother at this point).

I'm guessing that the Homebrew Channel is closed source since it and the HackMii Installer currently use exploits as well. However, the HackMii Installer might be what utilizes the exploit, but I don't know for sure.

I would like to see the source of Bannerbomb released, since there doesn't seem to be any chance of it appearing on future System Menus. However, that would be up to Comex and anyone else involved with that exploit.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The issue with this being open source isn't that Nintendo will see how it works, but that it would be very simple to use it to create a website like please.hackmii.com but substitute the "cut the wire" buttons with "buy it now" buttons.

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Credit to tueidj, made my fecking day mate not that i need nor want it.

Now the folks that donated for fook all can have what they payed for.

All future donations should go to tueidj for this project, not the tart that was trying to extort $'s.

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
hvckz said:
ooohhh yeah
change the topic name please!?
change it to:
"People keep bitching so they won't ever get the new exploit especially after he had already provided a few to the community"
There, I fixed it for you.

really?

yaywii.gif

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
it is called "LetterBomb"

I think ''SuckMyBombPune'' sounds better rofl.

Well the way i see the world and it's in every aspect, the better you become at something the more condescending and arrogant you become.

Yes you put in a great deal of work but you then require the expexted pat on the back.

Not a problem, everyone gives you the pat you require and deserve it.

Then you become great at what you do and once again you become more arrogant and more condescending to the point that you become lost in your own delusions of grandure.

Shame really the donations and pats that would have come are now passing to someone else because of greed.

I had the greatest respect for the fellow but it's been shattered by the way he's gone about this.

Fook i first modded my wii via files from a torrent site, worked a treat, files from ppl i trust may i add, then i needed to update for a game to work so ''google is your friend'' and i ended up here ''the real deal, the people that make the files'' and i have been reading the forums everyday for months now.

What a set of back biting, bitching folks this Wii community is.

Nuff Said

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so how save is this exploit?

im still very reluctant to hack my wii, since I've got one of the newer ones that dont allow for recovery if anything goes wrong (at least thats the way it was last christmas). bought that yugioh game back in the day but never abused it so far.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Clydefrosch said:
so how save is this exploit?

im still very reluctant to hack my wii, since I've got one of the newer ones that dont allow for recovery if anything goes wrong (at least thats the way it was last christmas). bought that yugioh game back in the day but never abused it so far.

Errrr... A new Wii is 130 Euros at Amazon Germany right now. Just in case you didn't know. Not 1'300 Euros...

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just wondering,

if you have a wii "usb 2 ethernet" adapter connected, would it work with the mac adress of that ethernet adapter as well.

If it's the case, it would be possible to mod someones wii without the need to download the files every time.
Just using the ethernet adapter and the sd card as proper tools.

If I had such an adapter, I would test it myself.

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obcd said:
Just wondering,

if you have a wii "usb 2 ethernet" adapter connected, would it work with the mac adress of that ethernet adapter as well.

If it's the case, it would be possible to mod someones wii without the need to download the files every time.
Just using the ethernet adapter and the sd card as proper tools.

If I had such an adapter, I would test it myself.

i think, it will not.
the required MAC is the Wireless adapters MAC.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The question is, why are they using the MAC adress for encryption.
It's unique for evey wii, but it's visible which makes the security less.
So, this makes me think that something external connected to the network should
be able to do that encryption as well. In such a case, if the wii is connected to the network
with the usb 2 ethernet adapter, you would assume they would use that one's mac for the encryption.

It's logical they say you need the wireless MAC, as that one exists on every wii.

So, unless you have deep inside knowledge of how things work, I appreciate what you think, but it's not relevant
to the question.

In most cases when people answer a question with "I think", it simply means they don't know.

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obcd said:
be able to do that encryption as well. In such a case, if the wii is connected to the network
with the usb 2 ethernet adapter, you would assume they would use that one's mac for the encryption.

It's logical they say you need the wireless MAC, as that one exists on every wii.

So, unless you have deep inside knowledge of how things work, I appreciate what you think, but it's not relevant
to the question.

In most cases when people answer a question with "I think", it simply means they don't know.

this is going to be the "question" to your question.

if you already have a usb to ethernet adapter,then you plug onto the usb at the back of the wii. then the wii should have 2 MAC's right now. right?

question again, what MAC should the wii use to decrypt the LetterBomb?
Wifi MAC?
Wired MAC?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
obcd said:

to the question.

The answer is in the hackmii article, really...

QUOTE said:
This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.

Basically, it means that for the message to appear in your message box, MAC address in the message header needs to match MAC address in your system menu settings. It has nothing to do with encryption or the way you are connected to network, it's just a restriction from the system menu.

LetterBomb would be really great if there's an "offline" release too

you don't need to be online to run the hack, you just need a SDCARD with the hacked message on it

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
LetterBomb would be really great if there's an "offline" release too

you don't need to be online to run the hack, you just need a SDCARD with the hacked message on it

a stand alone app i mean that will sign the hack with differrent MAC.
like obcd want to do. i know that he is a modder. i am too. it would be a hazzel if everytime you mod a wii you have to get OL always.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If something external is encrypting the letterbomb, I would think the wii would try both mac adresses. The external thing will only know the mac adress of the ethernet adapter connected to the network. If that's the usb2ethernet, it will use that one's mac for the encryption.

But as you see, I am using "I think" as well. It's not good enough. We need a couple of people testing things out to know for sure,
or we need someone who created the exploit and who reverse engineered the decrypting system.

I don't even know if the mails are sent encrypted or if they are just encrypted to store them on the sd card. Again, "I think" the first as that would explain why a key is used that can be found over the network.

I notice 2 request on this forum for an offline solution. If the usb2ethernet mac would work, you have your offline solution. (I know you would have to purchase the usb2ether)

If TT keeps the encryption algoritm of the exploit on line, they know it will be more difficult to reverse engineer the exploit. They might maybe be payed for every hit that reaches their website, but again, that's just me thinking..(and writing down what I think) It also ensures that within a couple of months, a newcomer using the exploit will see it as the TT Mail box bomb exploit. An exploit package can be downloaded on several places on the net. It loses it's link with it's creator after a while. And there is also the TT argument that this method of working ensures that everybody is using the most up to date version of the exploit. This all very much off topic, and I don't want to revive that discussion again based on what I am thinking.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's the wifi mac only. If it used the ethernet mac you could end up with messages on your SD card that could be read by whichever wii was using the adaptor - that's not intended behaviour. Those messages would also end up unavailable if you unplugged the adaptor, also not intended behaviour.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-