Hacking MaiDumpTool keeps giving a C2-12828-1 error.

Robbie_Haruna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So whenever I try and extract a game and decrypt eboot, about 30 seconds into it it gives me this https://i.imgur.com/izAFJ9r.jpg

I've done it before in the past, but now no matter what I do it just only gives me this error and fails to extract the game properly.

I've tried reinstalling not only MaiDump but formatting the memory card and reinstalling the Homebrew outright about 10 times now, and it still gives me this error every time.

I heard MaiDump doesn't like listing over 22 titles on screen, but I only have one.

When I select extract it lists off some stuff about the Application not using "party" (whatever that means,) does that mean anything?

I heard that removing plugins folder in ux0 prevents that error, but I have no Plugins folder in ux0. And also that Rebuilding the app.db from recovery menu can help, but I don't know how to access the recovery menu, much less rebuild the app.db.

Can anyone help me here?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah use a different tool. You want something that gives a one to one backup anyways. Maidump decrypts the rom and creates a range of bugs during playnack inckuding the save data issue with dumped games. I forget the name of the updated method but it doesnt involve the dumpers that were originally released and unless maidump added a dumper that doesnt decrypt that im un aware of you simply are using the wrong method for this and should expect problems with little to no support.

Robbie_Haruna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah use a different tool. You want something that gives a one to one backup anyways. Maidump decrypts the rom and creates a range of bugs during playnack inckuding the save data issue with dumped games. I forget the name of the updated method but it doesnt involve the dumpers that were originally released and unless maidump added a dumper that doesnt decrypt that im un aware of you simply are using the wrong method for this and should expect problems with little to no support.
My only issue is that I don't know what I'm doing.

To dump the game and patch it I'm following very specific instructions and I have no idea if another tool would even work

Robbie_Haruna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What would formatting the system memory do? Would that mess anything up (like make me go to a higher frimware version.) Still no fix on this.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have this issue on my PS TV (but not on my PS Vita). I was thinking about a limitation of MaiDumpTools on this type of device. Someone found a by-pass: remove the first page of the manual before starting the dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==