PS1/2 Magic Swap doesn't load backups

GmW1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A few weeks ago, I bought a PS2 from a friend. I tested it and it worked perfectly, both original games and backups (using Magic Swap 3.6). Because this was during a period of exams, I decided to play it again during the Christmas Holidays.
But now, the Magic Swap doesn't load any backups. Every time I select Load Program, the disc starts to spin and then, after a few seconds, the TV screen becomes black and nothing happens.

I can't understand what happened. A few weeks ago it worked and I haven't touch the PS2 since then. What could have happened? And what can I do to run backups again?

Thanks in advance.
wink.gif

GmW1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that too, and it didn't work
frown.gif
I also tried changing the video mode to PAL (in both normal and special boot) and it didn't work.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Did you get two swap magic disc?
I'm not sure what version mine is, but i have two discs.

Also, do normal games work on it?
(If you don't have any, try using a DVD or CD)

GmW1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I got two discs. A DVD, for PS2 games, and a CD, for PS1 games.

I tried using MGS3, and it worked flawlessly.

GmW1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's not the problem, because I can read original games. Only the backups don't work anymore.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
If the Ps2 had been sitting for awhile then there is a very good chance when you have moved it ,it has dumped dust onto the lens.
Take it apart if its a FAT PS2(if its a slim then just clean the lens)and clean the lens with an ear cleaner small circular motion not hard
( be careful removing the top of the Ps2 as there will be a cable connected sit the console flat on the table after removing screws make sure to use a blade to cut security sticker on lefthand rear of console
lift the top of the console towards you and forward just enough to clear memory and controller sockets then lift it off to the right and sit it flat on the table next to it. There will either be 2 or 4 screws holding the DVD drive top The 1 with 2 screws at front have 2 clips at the back that need a blade screwdriver to release them. When you have that off clean the lens then try it again.
Dont put all the screws back in just yet try it out 1st. If that doesnt work tell me

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with justinefremlouw.

You probably need to adjust the pot (a resistor for the power of the laser).

This is a usual problem that is caused by the type of media you are using. The darker the media, the more easily read it is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality