Hardware mad world pink screen

bloshengland

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is anyone else getting a pink screen when trying to play mad world ? and what is the pink screen mean ? i have 3.4 firm ware and backup loader 0.3 with 002 fix plz help

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
i am getting a pink screen of death too. much prettier than the normal green one.
only get this when trying to play MADWORLD
I am using 3.3e backup gamma autoboot 002fix and i have IOS38, IOS53, IOS55, but still no luck. also have IOS51.
can anybody help me as i really want to play this game.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
figured it out...
well actually i dont know why it worked but it does so if you have this same problem google for
waninkoko cIOS36_rev8-Installer
it is a dol file you need and when you load it choose NETWORK INSTALLATION ... it takes about a minute to load and patch everything and has some awesome music in the background while it loads its great.
loaded madworld with a 002fix gamma channel and now works PERFECTLY. hope that helps anyone having the same problem.
no more pink screen. no more black screen. no more 002 error code.

MADWORLD is SOOO bloody gory its funny. BLOOD STAYS PERMANENTLY ON THE FLOOR and soo many funny ways to kill people.

jo_ill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bump a "this game isnt working" thread but this is the only place that seemed appropriate since madworld is the backup that I am using to check if my homebrew has been set up properly.

I am using Gecko OS with 2.0 fix by afif95
I installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad
I am using 3.2u firmware (not downgraded, I never patched higher than 3.2)
The game looks like it's pal, while i have an ntsc (in us).

When I load the game with default settings in Gecko OS it seems to work but the screen flashes and rolls. I am able to get to the menu and start a game but I get a 'system cant read disk' error when it tries to load the level. Do I need to reburn using a different media type or is the fact that the game boots and I can make it through the startup stuff indicate that the media is fine?

When I try to force NTSC I get a pink screen.

I get an error when I try to 'reboot with hooks' so I haven't been able to check out what happens when I try that.

Thanks for the help.

iamthegreatjebus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jo_ill said:
sorry to bump a "this game isnt working" thread but this is the only place that seemed appropriate since madworld is the backup that I am using to check if my homebrew has been set up properly.

I am using Gecko OS with 2.0 fix by afif95
I installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad
I am using 3.2u firmware (not downgraded, I never patched higher than 3.2)
The game looks like it's pal, while i have an ntsc (in us).

When I load the game with default settings in Gecko OS it seems to work but the screen flashes and rolls. I am able to get to the menu and start a game but I get a 'system cant read disk' error when it tries to load the level. Do I need to reburn using a different media type or is the fact that the game boots and I can make it through the startup stuff indicate that the media is fine?

When I try to force NTSC I get a pink screen.

I get an error when I try to 'reboot with hooks' so I haven't been able to check out what happens when I try that.

Thanks for the help.

dude...do u have the ViDtv Patch option with the GEcko OS?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
yes but it is using a burned disc so not a gekko os solution.
i installed ios 38 53 55 and cios rev 8, fixed my problem.
now im on 4.0 with cios 9, usb2, millions of games, and a usb loader
and a brand new DSi!

sorry for some reason i thought you were asking me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water