Hardware Macbook Air Battery Use

Crimson0verlord

The Crimson Øverlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Macbook Air with broken RAM, so its obviously useless. I'm not going to spend the time and money re soldering new ram in because I don't really care for Apple hardware. However, not everything in the Macbook Air is broken. I'm working on a new portable, and I'm wondering if I can use the Macbook Air's battery. The portable is made up of a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Retropie with a GPIO attached screen. Would it be plausible to re purpose the Macbook Air's Battery for the power source. (not exactly a portable if I'm tethered to an outlet). The people behind Raspberry Pi recommend for 5V 2.1A to power the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ through a micro USB charging cable. Could I use the battery, does it have an output that high, how long would one charge last, and could I wire it into a power bank type scenario?
Edit: Macbook back is missing, (bought used). Battery is serial number (i think) is: W0205XAEZ6EWA

Last edited by Crimson0verlord,

MarieDiaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use the hdd from my old macbook for storing some information. I went to a store to extract the hdd but had a problem: my macbook had water damage. The guys from the store explained to me that it could not be a problem and depended on what components from the hardware were damaged. After all, my goal was achieved, but the battery, obviously, was dead. So I suggest trying a complete analysis of your hardware, especially for the battery, cause the battery health could not be at its maximum.

Last edited by MarieDiaz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: