Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Jono1250, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010

m33 by Jono1250 at 11:42 PM (882 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jono1250

Newcomer Jono1250 Advanced Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Hi i want to upgrade my m33 cfw so i can play Little big planet. i am currently running 5.00 m33-6 and was wondering
    1. what is the next update
    2. If i update will i still be able to play my emulators.

the biggest psp noob you will ever know
  2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Oct 12, 2004
    United Kingdom
    You can update straight to 5.50 Gen D3 to get LBP to work. Not sure if emulators work but I know some homebrew wont on that.

Probably best read soem tutorials from somewhere, a place I used has isos so can't link it.

I heard something about patching games for other firmware but never tried it myself, still picking up the scene from when I last left it in 2007.
  3. Jono1250

Jul 13, 2009
    well i already tried patching it but it didnt work. And i dont really want to update to GEN firmware because im not familiar with it and also because its my sisters psp and she ONLY uses the emulators. But... is there a later m33 firmware???
  4. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2009
    Torrance, CA
    United States
    No. GEN is the latest and best.
  5. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    I am on 5.00 M33-6 and I used eDecrypt v1.3.

Below is a step by step on how I completed it. It might be long BUT it is easy and I believe I have covered each step that needs to be done individually and that is why it seems so long. It only takes a few moment to complete

1. Open UMDGen v4
    2. Place the Little Big Planet iso on your desktop (Just for convenience)
    3. Drag an drop the ISO onto the white area in UMDGen on the right hand side
    4. Click File - Filelist Export
    5. Select your Desktop and type Filelist (Can be any name you want)
    6. Click Save
    7. Click the + to the left PSP_GAME in UMDGen
    8. Click on SYSDIR
    9. On the right hand side click RIGHT Mouse click EBOOT.BIN
    10. Left Mouse Click Extract Selected
    11. Select your Deskop
    12. Click OK
    13. Connect your PSP to your computer
    14. Place eDecrypt into PSP\Game\
    15. Create a folder on the root of your memory card called ENC
    16. Copy the EBOOT.BIN from your Desktop to the ENC folder on your PSP memory card
    17. Disconnect PSP from Computer and start eDcrypt like you would any game
    18. When prompted press the [] button on the PSP
    - It should then state it found a file and how big it is before being decrypted
    - It also tells yo how big after and if it was successful decrypting
    - It also should state that a patch was successfully applied
    - If you do nto see this either somethign was done wrong or try the process again
    19. Press X to return the PSP Menu
    20. Connect the PSP to your Computer
    21. Copy the EBOOT.BIN from ENC\DONE to your desktop (save over the one you previously extracted)
    - You can delete the EBOOT.BIN from the ENC folder
    22. Drag and Drop the EBOOT.BIN from your desktop into the PSP_GAME\SYSDIR in UMDGEN
    23. Answer YES to replace
    24. Click File - File List - Import
    25. Select your desktop and then double click the filelist.txt file you exported earlier
    26. Answer YES to the question that appears
    27. Click SAVE and either select COMPRESSED or UNCOMPRESSED
    28. Select your desktop and create your own name "Little Big Planet Decrypted"
    29. Click Save
    30. Now copy the newly created file to your ISO fodler on your PSP memory card root

That should do it. It worked for me fine doing this.

Good Luck [​IMG]

P.s. Note that if you have a CSO file have have had issues when using this method and had to uncompress the CSO file back into a ISO file first. Sometime you will not be able to save properly if you start with a CSO OR it will save but when you start the game on the PSP you will get another error.

To converts CSO to ISO:

1. Open UMDGen
    2. Drag an drop the CSO onto the white area in UMDGen on the right hand side
    3. Click Save - Uncompressed (*.iso)
    4. Select Desktop (or whereever you wish to save the file)
    5. Give it a name and click save.

Then with the newly created ISO file follow the first lot of steps above - though there is a chance you will just get a different error when you have finished and start a new game. It aldepends on if the game iso / cso you have is compatible with eDcrypt v3.
  6. Jono1250

Jul 13, 2009
    Thankyou so much for that! You are probably by far the nicest person i have met on the internet.