Gaming M33 Or GEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
Easy answer - GEN.
Medium answer - M33 is now outdated, GEN have done so much better (aside from the bugs, that they have fixed now) and it also can play 5.55+ games (GEN D or 5.03 GEN B)
But some fan boys/girls still stick with M33 saying "WE CAN STILL PLAY GAMES, AND ITS WAY BETTER THAN GEN"
They forget that the Game Decrypter was made by Yoshihiro who is from GEN.
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
GEN because:

1 - M33 seems no longer supported by its own devlopers. (It did not get any updates for a long time)
2 - It supports 5.55+ and protected games.

Basicly the only thing M33 has that GEN does not is the fast memstick hack.
However if games do not run what use is that.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
rockstar99 said:
what are
5.55+ and protected games.

M33 is only on 5.03 firmware and lower right?
So if you would of put a un-patched game on it, then it wouldn't load.
the game needs to be decrypted to play on firmware lower than it actually needs.
So GEN D and 5.03 GEN B made it so we don't need to use it ever.
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
Games that require a firmware higher than 5.55.
GEN has a on the fly game decrypter.

Meaning it can decrypt both UMD`s and backup`s on the fly.
So thats yet another thing M33 can not do: Play official UMD that need 5.55+

What are protected games you ask?
New games that have a anti piracy protection like for example: Evangelion Jo and there are others.

Sure there are perhaps ways to play this on M33.
But face the fact.... it is die-ing.

Look at the R4 users that have to patch their games and then still have chance it does not run.
I think it will not be long untill a range of games is released that do not even work on M33 with patch.
That will be the moment also M33 fanboys will stop bashing GEN and join them.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
7,372
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Toronto
XP
733
Country
Canada
lol so gen=m3 and m33=r4
rofl2.gif

thanks guys im going with gen but wht dont m33 guys update i mean its free its not like the ds when you have to buy a new flashcart
 

prowler

Sony
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
9,475
Trophies
0
Location
Ragol
XP
3,294
Country
Zimbabwe
rockstar99 said:
lol so gen=m3 and m33=r4
rofl2.gif

thanks guys im going with gen but wht dont m33 guys update i mean its free its not like the ds when you have to buy a new flashcart

LOL, yeah it's like that.
And M33 doesn't update because Dark Alex (who made M33) left the hacking. I don't know where he's gone, but i'm glad the fans have calmed down now.
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
lol so gen=m3 and m33=r4
rofl2.gif

thanks guys im going with gen but wht dont m33 guys update i mean its free its not like the ds when you have to buy a new flashcart

Hehe that is true.
However some people just can not let go of their M33 version.
Its like they feel its their pet or something.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
5,859
Trophies
0
XP
973
Country
Nope..it's because flashing a redundant upgrade that adds little but takes away more is counter intuitive. These topics are getting so boring.....where's the link to the GEN 1.50 Kernel add on again?
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
You can always run M33 from memstick using timemachine.
So I do not see what all the whine trouble is about.

And rofl no Law, GEN-D can decrypt official UMD`s.
Where on M33 you must download the ISO or rip your UMD.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 

spotanjo3

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
11,036
Trophies
1
XP
5,731
Country
United States
If you have Gen-D2 then you dont need to decrypt them at all. I have 6.00 firmware game that didnt decrypt at all and run just fine on Gen-D2.
 

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
4,128
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
‭jerkland
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
314
Country
Vistabuser said:
And rofl no Law, GEN-D can decrypt official UMD`s.
Where on M33 you must download the ISO or rip your UMD.

So? That doesn't mean that the people who don't care about game compatibility are pirates. Sounds like you're trying to say the true pirates are those on M33, and not all the kiddys who complain that their ISOs don't work so they use GEN instead, whilst most people on M33 don't actually give a crap about games.

Greetz, Trollbot.
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
Law said:
Vistabuser said:
And rofl no Law, GEN-D can decrypt official UMD`s.
Where on M33 you must download the ISO or rip your UMD.

So? That doesn't mean that the people who don't care about game compatibility are pirates. Sounds like you're trying to say the true pirates are those on M33, and not all the kiddys who complain that their ISOs don't work so they use GEN instead, whilst most people on M33 don't actually give a crap about games.

Greetz, Trollbot.

Dont be an ass now.
You started the "Kiddie pirate" stuff yourself.
Now dont go hating me because you have to defend yourself because of something stupid you said yourself.

And you are even taking it personal to me lol.
You are a sad lil fucker my friend.

Also note you are the only fucker who recommends M33.
Perhaps you are just jalous or sad your pet died?

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
4,128
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
‭jerkland
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
314
Country
Vistabuser said:
Law said:
Vistabuser said:
And rofl no Law, GEN-D can decrypt official UMD`s.
Where on M33 you must download the ISO or rip your UMD.

So? That doesn't mean that the people who don't care about game compatibility are pirates. Sounds like you're trying to say the true pirates are those on M33, and not all the kiddys who complain that their ISOs don't work so they use GEN instead, whilst most people on M33 don't actually give a crap about games.

Greetz, Trollbot.


Dont be an ass now.
You started the "Kiddie pirate" stuff yourself.
Now dont go hating me because you have to defend yourself because of something stupid you said yourself.

And you are even taking it personal to me lol.
You are a sad lil fucker my friend.

Also note you are the only fucker who recommends M33.
Perhaps you are just jalous or sad your pet died?

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Where did I ever recommend M33?
unsure.gif
I'm fairly sure I told him to get GEN, and I'm also fairly certain that I'm not the one saying stupid things. Although I will say, I could do with some jalous right now.

Greetz, XStatic.

QUOTE(xist @ Nov 2 2009, 05:25 PM)
Err...hello?

Hi!
 

Evilmaster1985

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
456
Trophies
0
Location
Middle of nowhere
XP
109
Country
United States
Wtf just look back dude.
Everyone recommend something because of a reason right?

Then you jump in calling everyone using GEN: Pirate kiddies. Right?

So then before that there was no trouble at all.
I say GEN can run UMD and M33 cant.

You call a cheap reason and call me a troll.

Greetz, Vistabuser.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: your hand maybe? lol