Hacking M3 Real skin problem.....

vt102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone here has it happen to them. I tried to make my own skin, by using an existing one, and just replacing the desktop and top desktop images. I made sure the images were the right size and 8 bit for the top, and 24 bit for the bottom. The problem I am having is when I use the images, the bottom screen is a bunch of lines, and cant do anything. If I were to remove the top image, the bottom one shows fine. If any of you gurus out there know what I am talking about, please chime in. Thanks in advance.

bigdarren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my new M3 DS real. I'm still leaning my way around, but yes I am unable to create a desktop as well. I made mine an 8bit bmp, 256 x 192 as instructed in the documentation. When i try to use it for the top_desktop, the bottom screen is full of wavy lines and is unuseable...Not finding any solutions on google, but I see there's a new V3.0 version of software from them under downloads at http://www.m3adapter.com...Just released yesterday so I'm hopeful this will resolve, I'm downloading it now...

bigdarren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded to the new V3.0 released yesterday and still have the same issue, can't make a top_desktop work without messing up the lower screen making it unusable..

vt102

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what? I tried to redo the image on GIMP, but it came worse. I do not know how to save it at 8 bit.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good luck getting that to work, for me it works fine on Mine, But anyways, My um top_desktop doesn't work properly even though it's in 8 bit bitmap format, it just shows as a black screen. true story.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the specifications That I have on My pictures, are completely the same as the specifications you said and it won't load now, and without the top_desktop it will load fine...

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i save in 8 bit bmp. I have tried to save in GIF and the revert back to BMP but it just goes back to 24 bit.

gibsan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FRUSTRATION lol. I am also having the EXACT same issues as the first post.

I've tried all the remedies advised, but to no avail. In fact, the top_desktop image worked originally, and the desktop had the crazy coloured bars appearing. Now, its both. Both graphics are save in OS .bmp format (top in 8bit and bottom in 24 bit).

I have made several skins before and none have had this kind of trouble. Any help would be great as I think its a skin most people would enjoy. Especially Batman fans.

cheers all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs