Hacking M3 Lite Save File Problem?

personperson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently found my old GB Micro and with it an M3 Lite Adaptor.

The M3 was without an sd card so I have to setup a new one to replay some games, mainly Pokemon, but am having problems with the save files.

I was testing it with a copy of Pokemon Fire Red, which has that initial save problem that I had to apply an IPS patch to fix. After, I thought everything seemed fine. But periodically after saving and turning off the system, I would later go back to it only to find the save file has been deleted.

I've tried everything I can think of, but as this thing is pretty old now it's hard to find some fixes to the problems. If anyone could help me I would be really appreciate it.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your battery is dead. It needs to be changed which requires soldering. You wont be able to keep saves with a dead battery. By the way, do you have any of the M3 Lite shells for the DS Lite? I really need one because I own the same card. :) I would buy your M3 Lite off of you, if you don't want to mess the card up with bad soldering. PM me.

personperson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oddly enough, I have 2. I was looking for additional shells and found that there was another one with actual circuitry inside.

Sadly, the save thing happens with both. I figured the battery was dead, but is that still the case if the they save temporarily? I've had it where I would go back and the save was still okay, only for next time it being deleted. It's kind of an on and off thing.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery is going. It definitely needs to be changed. Here is how you check if the battery is going dead. Put GBA Exploader on your slot 1 card in a DS Lite and put the M3 into your slot two on the DS Lite. Launch GBA Exploader and say yes to setting up the card in slot 2. Turn off your DS Lite and do the same thing, launch GBA Exploader and if it asks to set the card in slot 2 with GBA Exploader again...then you know the battery needs to be fixed. By the way, are you able to sell me a shell? Or the other card you found even?

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've replaced my M3 Lite battery a couple times without soldering. I used some scotch tape and taped it to the connectors. A mickey mouse job but it works none the less.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can fix your battery problem without mickey mousing. I would have to charge you though. LOL Charge you! No, but seriously, I could fix it properly. Are you checking it out using GBA Exploader personperson?

personperson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@zerolinks

I've never soldered something, so how would I go about mickey mousing it as it were?

@[member='jimmyemunoz']

I haven't checked with GBA Exploader yet, but I will.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I did it was slowly pull the top tab off using an exacto-knife or something similar for small amounts of leverage. Once the top tab was off I had simply wiggled it off the bottom. With some finese and patience. It works for me and I have no soldering experiance.

link1111

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recently found my old GB Micro and with it an M3 Lite Adaptor.

The M3 was without an sd card so I have to setup a new one to replay some games, mainly Pokemon, but am having problems with the save files.

I was testing it with a copy of Pokemon Fire Red, which has that initial save problem that I had to apply an IPS patch to fix. After, I thought everything seemed fine. But periodically after saving and turning off the system, I would later go back to it only to find the save file has been deleted.

I've tried everything I can think of, but as this thing is pretty old now it's hard to find some fixes to the problems. If anyone could help me I would be really appreciate it.
Hello,
Are you sure that you have created a save file with the M3 Game Manager ?

personperson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Are you sure that you have created a save file with the M3 Game Manager ?

Yes, that was actually my first mistake. But I quickly fixed that and then came to this current problem. I haven't actually touched the thing in days, so I'll get to figuring out if the battery is dead soon and then if it is get to mangling it and hopefully fixing it. Thanks for all the help.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a M3 Perfect Lite and I thought when you shutdown the GBA and turn it on again the SRAM gets dumped to the .dat file (which you create with the M3 Game Manager).
Isn't that suppose to save the battery?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse