M3 GEP Issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by squall14716, May 26, 2011.

May 26, 2011

M3 GEP Issues by squall14716 at 7:02 PM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. squall14716
    OP

Member squall14716 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just received my M3 Gameboy Expansion Pack, ordered from RealHotStuff. I am using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.7 and GBA ExpLoader 0.58b0_MX. I plugged it in, booted up GBA ExpLoader, loaded Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories to the SDRAM and started playing. All seemed fine. I rebooted my DS, loaded GBA ExpLoader again, backed up my save file as it prompted, and tried to load a different ROM. This time, I get the Gameboy logo and then a freeze. Since then it seems to ask me to initialize it every time, and I get nothing buy a Gameboy logo/freeze when loading any ROM.

Does this happen often? It seems weird that it was fine enough to play a game for 20 minutes or so, save and backup that save, and then just seemingly die on me. Do I need to figure out how to replace this battery, or does it sound like a more serious defect that warrants a return?

Sorry if this is a common question, I just need clarification and Google isn't giving me much. Not sure which forum is the most appropriate either. Thanks in advance.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    your problem is not a hardware issue, it is a software issue.

your answer is first one listed in the BUGs, fixes, and weird behaviors of the 3in1 guide. First link in sig.

b0_MX is for M3 slot1 users using the 3in1.

3. squall14716
    OP

United States
    Same exact thing with 0.58b0. GBA ExpLoader isn't freezing, nor is it random. It boots into GBA mode and doesn't make it past the logo as if there is no game there.

e: Replaced ak2_sd.dldi with the official one, no change at all. Opening the cart shows the the bottom tab of the battery isn't even fucking soldered on. Ugh.

4. squall14716
    OP

United States
    Well, thanks anyways for trying to help. Going to send it back for a replacement.