Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
M3 DS Real Information
Bundles and expansion paks!
Â
The M3 Team have supplied us with some information regarding their latest flash kit; the M3 DS Real. Available for use with the M3 DS Real are GBA slot expansion cards (DS Lite sized) that add GBA ROM and rumble feedback + RAM expansion functionality to your DS and M3 DS Real. These expansion cards will be sold with the M3 DS Real, and there will be three different bundles available. One bundle with both the GBA Expansion pak and rumble pak, another with just the GBA pak and the last with just the rumble pak.
M3 Team said:
There are 3 Bundle version.

In the GBA Expansion Pack Bundle Includes: (Perfect Bundle Version)

* A M3 DS Real Cartridge
* A T-Flash Reader
* A M3 Ds Real Holder case
* A Rumble Device
* A GBA expansion Device

In the Rumble Ram Pack Bundle Includes:

* A M3 DS Real Cartridge
* A T-Flash Reader
* A Rumble Ram Device

The M3 DS Real Box Contain:

* A M3 DS Real Cartridge
* A T-Flash Reader
* A Rumble Pack Device
The GBA Expansion pak will work in conjunction with the M3 DS Real by allowing users to burn ROMs to it straight from within the M3 DS Real GUI. We do not currently know what capacity the pak is, but will let you know as soon as we know. The Rumble RAM pak works just like an official rumble pak, and works straight off the bat with official rumble supported games with no patching required. It also has onboard RAM that imitates the official Nintendo RAM pak so software that requires it such as the Opera Browser will function correctly.

We should be getting our hands on this kit soon, so watch out for more news on the M3 DS Real on GBAtemp soon.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds good, but it seems a bit strange that they are making seperate rumble and GBA carts...
Am I right in thinking the 'Rumble RAM device' just allows you to use Opera, not play GBA games?

- Sam

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The GBA Expansion pak will work in conjunction with the M3 DS Real by allowing users to burn ROMs to it straight from within the M3 DS Real GUI

That sure is a neat new feature.

No doubt that these will be very expensive!

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds good, but it seems a bit strange that they are making seperate rumble and GBA carts...
Am I right in thinking the 'Rumble RAM device' just allows you to use Opera, not play GBA games?

- Sam
Sorry I'm so tired that I completely forgot to elaborate on the RAM pak side of things. Post updated.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The two, no, THREE seperate expansion packs are unnecessary...
wtf.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DS Lite only as well, not everyone has a fucking DS Lite.

It's only good business sense to support the DS Lite, especially with how many are being bought daily. There's plenty of great carts for the original DS already!
smile.gif

They still would be supporting the lite if they just used normal sized gba cards. Then they would fit both , this way round only fits the lite or they could give you changeable shells or even sell a gba sized shell for them . G6L did it , wouldn't kill others to aswell.

Besides that , what are these great carts for the original then?. Far as I'm aware , the only one of these expansion type cards that are available for the original ds is the EZ 3 in 1 , and even thats a pain to get it in gba sized. Pretty much all of these rumble/ram/gba card things seem to be lite only.

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, the Chinese version of the M3 DS Real is on winsunx.com already (no expansion packs yet though)

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They still would be supporting the lite if they just used normal sized gba cards. Then they would fit both , this way round only fits the lite or they could give you changeable shells or even sell a gba sized shell for them . G6L did it , wouldn't kill others to aswell.
None of us light users want giant cards sticking out of our DS Lights making it so the system is far less sexy and far less portable. If they exclusively used big cards they would be effectively shutting out the much larger DS Light audience.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of us light users want giant cards sticking out of our DS Lights making it so the system is far less sexy and far less portable. If they exclusively used big cards they would be effectively shutting out the much larger DS Light audience.

I am with you on that. I wish I can get this but I already have an R4 and I hope that it will have SDHC support.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How many people actually care about the rumble and ram expansion packs? I'm not interested in those in the slightest.

The GBA expansion pack however would be pretty sweet though it is nothing different to the 1-3 EZ pack (I think?).

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Besides that , what are these great carts for the original then?. Far as I'm aware , the only one of these expansion type cards that are available for the original ds is the EZ 3 in 1 , and even thats a pain to get it in gba sized. Pretty much all of these rumble/ram/gba card things seem to be lite only.

In addition to the fabulous G6 Lite, I don't recall hearing (or experiencing) any of the slot-1 carts not working on the big brick. The M3 team continually updated their cart to make it smaller and smaller and fit the original DS with barely any stickout. There's the SuperCard series, EZ-Flash IV and even the eWin Flash. (Shameless GBAtemp plug: All reviewed here! Click on "Reviews" at the top of the page.)

While it's true, this rumble (*cough*useless*cough*) expansion and RAM expansion setup are geared towards Lite owners, imagine that they have to produce these things at a factory, meaning they have to run one heck of a lot of them to be able to offer enough to attain profitability. Sadly, the brick DS market is now smaller, and it just doesn't make sense to increase their costs to support something that won't be profitable in the same way. People in general have no particular loyalty to flash cart teams - they jump ship to whatever is the latest and greatest. Knowing that your cart may become the "previous best thing" in a ridiculously short period of time means support the biggest market and hope to make a return.

Why are PS2 titles still dominating after the thing has been around for seven years? Biggest market share, easy money for game publishers. Same thing. At the end of the day, while what the M3 team is offering here is great, you won't be missing much by way of the expansion packs. The original DS was already widely supported; it's been surpassed by the Lite. At the end of the day, if a flash cart team starts offering new features/support only available to Lite owners, it becomes your choice as to whether or not those features are important enough to upgrade your DS.

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ehm... EZ-3-in-1 anyone?

I hope this M3 DS Real to be different... but I highly doubt.

I also hope to see a similiar "R4 Real" for a lower price... and with SDHC support, of course.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have they posted a MSRP yet? also, since the M3 and G6 Real are supposed to use the same software, will the expansion pack work seamlessly with the G6 Real?

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that the GBA expansion and the RAM expansion are seperate carts makes me wonder if the GBA cart is NOR only, like the old GBA flashcarts.
It probably is, which doesn't make any sense. GBA ROMs max out at what, 32MB(256Mbit)? It would seem to make more sense to fit 32MB on the RAM + Rumble cart and copy the games from the M3 DS Real to the RAM pak to play the game, ala the EZ 3-in-1.

What is the M3 DS Real supposed to do anyhow that the M3 DS Simply doesn't do?

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm let me get this straight is this thing 3 separate pieces or one whole cart? if it isn't then it would actually be more expensive requiring you to buy more than one flash cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol