luminous arc 2 WTF

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by vergilite, Jun 8, 2009.

Jun 8, 2009

luminous arc 2 WTF by vergilite at 9:24 PM (2,162 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. vergilite
    OP

Member vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

United Kingdom
    ok first dont be confused with the topic title i love this game but did anyone else find that the first time you fight master matties he is like invincible only 3 people to face but Josie has over 600 health and takes about 100 of each character or takes over 100 damage of three of them same for the shadow frost witch and then if you make it passed those 3 intact you have to fight master matties who has over 900 health and can take nearly 200 off my characters or if he gets his flash drive he does over 400 damage which is instant kill on any of my players is there any place you can train your characters while outside of story missions, what level were your characters when you faced him???? AAAHHHHH HE IS BLOODY INVINCIBLE HELPPPPPPPP [​IMG]

EDIT: oh by the way i know i spelt the masters name wrong but im to lazy to look it up [​IMG]

2. DJ91990

Member DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

United States
    The way you described the battle, you made it sound like it was a scripted fight, a fight where it is pre-determined by the game developers if you will win or lose.

I say, that if you are having any problems with any boss or encounter foes, then go back to a lower level area/mission/etc and level grind. This is a golden rule for most RPGs.

Go kill/do missions/etc that you can do in bulk and easily do. Get allot of in-game money and exp, level up your players and get the best equipment that you can get. I call this tatic the "Dragon Quest Tatic" as this is the number 1 guaranteed way to finish all of the normal Dragon Quest RPG games, and it can be applied to most RPG games, Including ARPGs as well!

3. vergilite
    OP

United Kingdom
    the way the game works means i cant level grind the rpg is a turn by turn strategy rpg and i cant go back to previous fights and re-do them NOW U SEE MY PROBLEM

4. Cavedude

Member Cavedude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Find a diff game or dont give up? I know it sucks = /

5. vergilite
    OP

United Kingdom
    yeah i did to [​IMG] but it killed me to do it cos i love this game so much i was determined not to cheat are all the levels from now on going to be much harder

6. aimansss95

Member aimansss95 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    do some request over n over again

7. steirina

Newcomer steirina Advanced Member

Philippines
    Yes, isn't there a guild system in Luminous Arc 2? Guild requests are essentially battles you can do over and over again for level grinding. I didn't play the game through myself [only the first few battles since I got bored], but I recall the guild is in the castle/city where the game begins.
    Since the main reason you're losing seems to be that your enemies are too powerful, level grinding should remedy that.

Good luck. ~

8. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That's one hell of a sentence! [​IMG]

9. Kingfield

Member Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    this game is retarded like this, you have to get like one guy close enough to ONE of them so u an slowly lure him out and take them out one at a time....

10. vergilite
    OP

United Kingdom
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL i have the worst grammer ever and i really CBA when it comes to punctuation but il try harder next time

@steirina: thanks i didn't know that, only problem is each match goes on for like 10-15 mins so it would take hours to get up to the required level. example my roland's level is like 10-12 and josies is like 15-20 c my problem it is such a pain cos i love this game

p.s im a poet and i didn't know it [​IMG]

11. freehand02

Newcomer freehand02 Member

Philippines
    just keep on taking on guild request just like I did.....
    I know that it is really tiring doing them all the time but that's the only way of beating them without using cheats....
    if you are re-doing it, every time you finish a story mission, always check the guild for possible request....
    and I think luminous arc 1 is much harder than this one... [​IMG]

12. steirina

Newcomer steirina Advanced Member

Philippines
    Well.. I assume the idea of level grinding for hours is rather better than your previous situation. xD
    Besides, level grinding for SRPGs is a bit more interesting in contrast to traditional, turn-based RPGs. Also, I did play Luminous Arc 1, and from what I saw on it, the level grinding isn't that bad. Disgaea is tons worse in terms of grinding.

And you're welcome. ~

13. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    okay i did it when i am on this level
    roland 20+
    althea 15
    dia 18
    luna 14
    rache 13
    that archer girl (forgot her name) 18
    anyway rache 13 because i don't use him that much, luna 14 because she's kept healing and no time to beat enemy, you can switch dia and althea around i guess, dia makes more damage though, roland will be your tank/ damage dealer, the rest engage material

14. vergilite
    OP

United Kingdom
    crap i guess i was well under level NOOOOOOOOO back to the guild then [​IMG] thx for all your help guys and il level up some more then re-do the level

TO BATTLE FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY!!

15. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    If I understood what all those messages mean I would help you but...
    I can't seem to do it.
    Though you appearently solved your problem so...
    Good luck with your grammar and spelling!

16. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    are you guys kidding me? i found this game to be a joke lol. the first one was wayyyyy harder.

17. clegion

United States
    only the last of battle of luminous arc2 is impossible to me, it's more or less freakishly hard

18. Shardnax

Member Shardnax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Both of them are easy; the second is just more annoying to grind in. The Luminous Arc games remind me of Growlanser, though not as awesome.

19. vergilite
    OP

United Kingdom
    its much easier now i was just being a tard and did not visit the guild at all so i was level 8 fighting level 22. but the level grinding is working wonders for my leveling and good news i didn't save after defeating master matties so i can beat him without using cheats FUN TIMES

@golio514: at least you tryed [​IMG] and in my mind i see no reason for punctuation if my message gets across, (i hope it did)

20. clegion

United States
    i did understand it, coz i used to type without punctuation, grinding in Luminous Arc 2 was easier compared to 1 in my opinion thanks to roland being a real tank and the jewel system