Hacking luma3ds + sky3ds+ together and game rom compatibility?

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello. i'm going to install luma3ds cfw on my n3dsxl but i would still like to use my sky3ds+ cart afterwards. correct me if i'm wrong but i have done some research and found out that the sky3ds+ cart functions fine along with a n3dsxl with luma3ds cfw installed but i also have some questions regarding game compatibility and i can't seem to find the answers anywhere.

1. this question is regarding 3ds cart game roms - will other region games work using sky3ds+ along with luma3ds cfw without the need to use ninjhax? i know i need to use ninjhax to launch other region games on a stock 3ds but i figured that because luma3ds cfw is region free then other region games could work when loaded directly from a sky3ds+ cart without ninjhax.

2. this question is regarding eshop games in 3ds format. i know i can convert all my scene released 3ds format eshop games to cia using simple cia converter but i have 500+ eshop games in 3ds format and i would prefer to run those games as 3ds files if possible. so my question is can the sky3ds+ cart play eshop games in 3ds format when used on a n3dsxl with luma3ds cfw installed?
i know that a sky3ds+cart cannot load eshop 3ds format files on a stock 3ds but i was hoping that whatever prevents the games from working on a stock 3ds may not be an issue with a luma3ds cfw installed 3ds.
if eshop 3ds format games could be launched while using sky3ds+ and luma3ds together that would be great and save me converting or redownloading a lot of files.
any help would be great guys.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Yes out of region .3ds games will work thanks to Luma (or any other CFW for that matters).

2) Rebuilded .3ds will still not work. There is allegedly a way to validate them so they work on the SKY3DS+ but you will still need a CFW.

Last edited by Redferne,

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply. out oif region games working without ninjhax is good news and i guess i will just have to convert eshop 3ds games to cia format.

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well what i plan to do is download all the eshop games i have in 3ds format from wiiusbhelper in cia format. i would prefer to do this on my pc than download them all on my 3ds using freeshop.
the issue is that there are some scene release eshop games i have in 3ds that are not available in the eshop or wiiusb loader anymore so i will have to convert those games 3ds to cia regardless.
there are also games still available on the eshop which have not had the tik files added to the database for wiiusbhelper or i believe freeshop. Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace for example.
i was thinking of purchasing some of these games but how do i go about making a backup cia of a game i purchase from the eshop?
also how would i dump the tik file from a game i purchase from the eshop. the reason i ask is because when i purchase a game maybe i can dump the tik file and submit it to the tik database for wiiusbhelper or freeshop.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Rebuilded .3ds will still not work. There is allegedly a way to validate them so they work on the SKY3DS+ but you will still need a CFW.
Rebuild the decrypted (i.e. not with anything that immediately works on Gateway like 3DS Builder) then encrypt with GodMode9. Older models of the Sky3DS may or may not work; custom template may be needed.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rebuild the decrypted (i.e. not with anything that immediately works on Gateway like 3DS Builder) then encrypt with GodMode9. Older models of the Sky3DS may or may not work; custom template may be needed.
The SKY3DS+ doesn't use templates.
AFAIK encrypting with Godmode9 works "in theory".

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so any eshop game in 3ds format can be rebuilt and encrypted with godmode9 and will work so long as you use a sky3ds+ ?
if this is the case then i have a sky3ds+ so i guess i'm in luck.
it would be cool to run those eshop 3ds format games i have directly from the sky3ds+ sd card to save installing them in cia format.
the only remaining question is if i use this method to play eshop games with my sky3ds+ will updates and dlc installed with cia or downloded from the ehop work, or does the eshop game need to be installed with cia to the internal sd card in order to access game updates and dlc?
thanks for the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat