Hacking Luma not loading payloads.

BiGnIcK_54g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've been searching around and can't seem to find any good information to fix my problem. I've followed The main guide on getting luma going on a 11.2.0-35U system and after getting arm9loader installed I can only access luma settings no payloads. Currently stuck on 2.1 and not sure if it's safe to update and try again. I'd really appreciate some help!
Also I'm using luma 6.6. I wanted to try using a older version but couldn't download it so :/
quick edit: Here's a view of my sd card. the payloads are of course in luma/payloads

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by BiGnIcK_54g,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first of all, why do you have the a9lh payloads and your nand on the root of your sd card? 2nd pic of your payloads folder?

move your nand back in files9 and restore it through hourglass9 then you should be back on 11.2 if you update a N3DS from 2.1 you will brick. O3DS works fine. have you even read the guide?

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: Zidapi

BiGnIcK_54g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are copies I'll remove them if they're interfering. I have read the guide like I've stated. The troubleshooting says nothing about payloads failing to load and if it did my problem doesn't seem to be listed sadly. I'll take a picture once I get home.
Edit: here are my payloads. none of them start up. I've tested booting without a sd card and it shows that arm9 is installed. All the files are where they should be I'm sure. I made sure to follow the guide so :/
also this is a old3dsXL new super mario bros 2

Attachments

• folder2.jpg
    folder2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by BiGnIcK_54g,
Reactions: adrifcastr

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those are copies I'll remove them if they're interfering. I have read the guide like I've stated. The troubleshooting says nothing about payloads failing to load and if it did my problem doesn't seem to be listed sadly. I'll take a picture once I get home.
Edit: here are my payloads. none of them start up. I've tested booting without a sd card and it shows that arm9 is installed. All the files are where they should be I'm sure. I made sure to follow the guide so :/
also this is a old3dsXL new super mario bros 2
once again the folder should be called PAYLOADS as I said you should READ before opening useless threads

Reactions: HyperT

BiGnIcK_54g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once again the folder should be called PAYLOADS as I said you should READ before opening useless threads
thanks that worked. There's no need to be rude. I made a pretty small mistake and you didn't really make your point clear about the spelling of the folder. anyways thanks I'll be careful of my spelling next time.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks that worked. There's no need to be rude. I made a pretty small mistake and you didn't really make your point clear about the spelling of the folder. anyways thanks I'll be careful of my spelling next time.
you are the 4th payload,playloads, paylod folder I have met in three days. I´m kinda annoyed by all the noobs right now. so sorry. wasn´t meant to be rude. CAPS doesn´t mean that I am shouting, its just that you can clearly see what I mean.

Reactions: BiGnIcK_54g

BiGnIcK_54g

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem. i do feel stupid I missed that though, but I saw a few threads about people having a similar problem but no one answered or they figured it out without really giving any insight. so I was at a loss. Well got my 3ds running luma without any problems anymore. Thanks again man!

Reactions: adrifcastr

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even having it on payloads does not make it boot for me. Although it did when i installed a9lh. Maybe the payloads dont work from my 64gb card?!

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need a pc screenshot of your folder structure. also there is no need for having _start and _up since we are using the luma chainloader. also make sure you are running the latest nightly.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to everyone who helped. it works fine with the 16GB SD card. the expensive 64GB model just does not want to load the payloads. how I love that technical SHIT!

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to everyone who helped. it works fine with the 16GB SD card. the expensive 64GB model just does not want to load the payloads. how I love that technical SHIT!
From 3ds.guide: "If you need to format a brand new SD card, you can use guiformat http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm and set to an Allocation Unit Size of 32K."

Windows itself doesn't let you set 64GB+ SD cards to an allocation size of 32K (likes to do exFAT), so you might double check what you have the filesystem as (right click the drive, select properties at the bottom, file system will be one of the things listed). If it isn't FAT32 with 32K allocation size, go ahead and try re-formatting it.

EDIT: Just looked at the one thread; weird that it still didn't work. :c

Last edited by GravitySuitCollector,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛