Przemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi there,

I didn't touch my old 3ds xl for like 1.5 years from now, so I'm a bit confused with all these new softwares. I bought Gateway some time ago and downgraded my 7.x 3ds (as long as I remember) to 4.5. EmuNAND is still something like 10/11. I read about some problems with this GW downgrade... I don't really want to stick with GW, because from some time my 3ds pops up while playing for xx minutes info about "card removed" (tested with few microsd), so I would like to make this Luma method.

What can I do for it to work on my 3ds? Is a9lh plus luma the best available method? Another noob question - after this there are only .cia roms to work with (placed on SD card), right?

I read some topics before, yet I'm still confused not to brick anything.

Ps. I don't need saves or anything, just start from clean zero on Luma. (GW goes to trash).

Last edited by Przemo,

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A9LH with Luma is considered the best method at this time.
Sighax is still waiting on the bootroom being dumped.

About the CIA thing:
You won't use the .cia files to play the game. You will just install the game to the sd card with the .cia files.
After installing you can delete the .cia file itself.
You are limited to .cia files if it comes to ONLY Luma.
You can still use your gateway card and the .3ds files on it. There was a thread about it some time ago.

About A9LH and Luma:
The best guide available is https://3ds.guide/
It has all files you will need and you can choose your SysNAND System Version to get to the right guide for your 3ds.

About savegames:
EDIT: nvm .... didn't read OP till the end ...

Some things in the end:
DON'T update to 11.3 with gateway EmuNAND.
If you want to install A9LH with Luma, follow all instructions and don't skip any.
Always have a backup.
EDIT: Since you have no interest in your savegames you won't need that EmuNAND anymore.

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,
Reactions: Przemo

Przemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a fast question - can I use new SD card (I just bought 64GB one today) for this and get rid of old one?

PS. my sysnand is 4.5.0-8E

Should I use mset or browser? I'm not sure about it, but it's about -8, so browser, right?

Last edited by Przemo,

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
New SD card for 3ds console itself? Yes, 64gb will work.
For entrypoint use mset or install a9l, browserhax is not very usable.

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About the sd card: since you don't care about saves or anything, you can just swap it.
About mset or browser: look what the guide suggests. Everything above -0E has a browser. So try the browser version first and if ot doesn't work for you at all, you can just try the method for no browser.

Przemo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, everything worked as planned, but I'm not sure about this one:

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I restored the sysnand without problem.

1. Press (Start) to reboot
  2. If your backup was of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0, your console will not boot until you manually download the required firmware:
So my backup was from 4.5.0, anyways 3ds booted up properly, without any black screen and anything, I have sys 4.5.0 in system settings. Should I just

Update your 3DS by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update” and go on with next steps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2