Hardware Luma 3DS: An exception occured

LizzytheCoyote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new here!

I'm new to this hacking stuff and I keep getting an error on luma3ds and it says "An exception occurred"
unnamed.jpg

When I try without the dev tools it just loads a black screen and doesn't boot, so I just use the dev tool.
I think I followed the steps from here
https://3ds.guide/
What do I need to do?
I'm running firmware 11.2.0-35U.

Any help would be great!

LizzytheCoyote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you try load Luma3DS? Do you have arm9loaderhax? What do you doing before happen the error?

You must say more for that we can help to you.

Yes I'm using/have arm9loaderhax.

I'm in the homebrew launcher when I boot it up and I press the select button.
I also tried the luma3ds updater to update luma but it didn't help.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm using/have arm9loaderhax.

I'm in the homebrew launcher when I boot it up and I press the select button.
I also tried the luma3ds updater to update luma but it didn't help.

If you have arm9loaderhax, why use homebrew launcher for boot Luma3DS? If you want update Luma, you only must download the lastest Luma3DS version of github and overwrite the file "arm9loaderhax.bin": https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

LizzytheCoyote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have arm9loaderhax, why use homebrew launcher for boot Luma3DS? If you want update Luma, you only must download the lastest Luma3DS version of github and overwrite the file "arm9loaderhax.bin": https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
The thing is I don't know how to launch luma without homebrew. Whenever I try to boot luma without the dev tool it shows a black screen and pressing select won't start it.

Last edited by LizzytheCoyote,

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is I don't know how to launch luma without homebrew.

If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, you must download this file and put the file "arm9loaderhax.bin" in SD root. (SD:/)

When you do it, only press "select" while the 3DS boot and then you can see Luma3DS' menu configuration and check if is "Luma 6.6"

Last edited by Keizel,

LizzytheCoyote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, you must download this file and put the file "arm9loaderhax.bin" in SD root. (SD:/)

When you do it, only press "select" while the 3DS boot and then you can see Luma3DS' menu configuration and check if is "Luma 6.6"
I checked it and it is luma3ds 6.6. I replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin and launched back into the homebrew launcher and I pressed when I selected luma3ds and it still showed the same thing sadly. Do I not use the homebrew launcher or dev features? Without the dev features luma3ds in the homebrew launcher just shows a black screen when I select it. Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong or that I sound dumb.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked it and it is luma3ds 6.6. I replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin and launched back into the homebrew launcher and I pressed when I selected luma3ds and it still showed the same thing sadly. Do I not use the homebrew launcher or dev features? Without the dev features luma3ds in the homebrew launcher just shows a black screen when I select it. Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong or that I sound dumb.

If you have arm9loaderhax and Luma in SD, you load Luma3DS when you boot 3DS. You mustn't "re-load" Luma3DS with Homebrew Launcher, you load Luma3DS when you switch on the 3DS.

If you want "dev features" (I think that you say FBI/DevMenu, CIAs manager) you must use Decrypt9 and install FBI in App of system as Health&Security.

Last edited by Keizel,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your not supposed to launch it through homebrew launcher, essentially what you are doing is: when your 3ds starts it automatically launches luma3ds and then you try to relaunch it through homebrew which obviously is a no don't do that. You also don't need dev options.

Edit: normally I don't edit when I reply late but yea I type slow this goes to future replies I do... Also I'm lazy.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what everybody else said, if you have A9LH installed, and you put the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin file in the root of your SD card, it automatically starts when you power on the 3DS. So you don't need to go into the homebrew menu just to load it again. That's the benefit of A9LH. It loads the hax as soon as the system is turned on. Just be sure to update to the latest nightly. The stable is old and the nightly tends to be just as stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)