Luma 3DS: An exception occured

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by LizzytheCoyote, Mar 30, 2017.

1. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm new here!

I'm new to this hacking stuff and I keep getting an error on luma3ds and it says "An exception occurred"
    unnamed.jpg

When I try without the dev tools it just loads a black screen and doesn't boot, so I just use the dev tool.
    I think I followed the steps from here
    https://3ds.guide/
    What do I need to do?
    I'm running firmware 11.2.0-35U.

Any help would be great!

2. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    Anyone?

3. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    What are you trying to do?

4. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    I'm trying to use luma3ds but when I boot it that happens. I was using the guide to set it up.

5. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    How do you try load Luma3DS? Do you have arm9loaderhax? What do you doing before that happen the error?

You must say more for that we can help to you.

Last edited by Keizel, Mar 31, 2017
  6. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    Yes I'm using/have arm9loaderhax.

I'm in the homebrew launcher when I boot it up and I press the select button.
    I also tried the luma3ds updater to update luma but it didn't help.

7. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    If you have arm9loaderhax, why use homebrew launcher for boot Luma3DS? If you want update Luma, you only must download the lastest Luma3DS version of github and overwrite the file "arm9loaderhax.bin": https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

8. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    The thing is I don't know how to launch luma without homebrew. Whenever I try to boot luma without the dev tool it shows a black screen and pressing select won't start it.

Last edited by LizzytheCoyote, Mar 31, 2017
  9. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    If you have Arm9LoaderHax installed, you must download this file and put the file "arm9loaderhax.bin" in SD root. (SD:/)

When you do it, only press "select" while the 3DS boot and then you can see Luma3DS' menu configuration and check if is "Luma 6.6"

10. LizzytheCoyote
    OP

LizzytheCoyote Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    United States
    I checked it and it is luma3ds 6.6. I replaced the arm9loaderhax.bin and launched back into the homebrew launcher and I pressed when I selected luma3ds and it still showed the same thing sadly. Do I not use the homebrew launcher or dev features? Without the dev features luma3ds in the homebrew launcher just shows a black screen when I select it. Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong or that I sound dumb.

11. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    If you have arm9loaderhax and Luma in SD, you load Luma3DS when you boot 3DS. You mustn't "re-load" Luma3DS with Homebrew Launcher, you load Luma3DS when you switch on the 3DS.

If you want "dev features" (I think that you say FBI/DevMenu, CIAs manager) you must use Decrypt9 and install FBI in App of system as Health&Security.

12. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Your not supposed to launch it through homebrew launcher, essentially what you are doing is: when your 3ds starts it automatically launches luma3ds and then you try to relaunch it through homebrew which obviously is a no don't do that. You also don't need dev options.

Edit: normally I don't edit when I reply late but yea I type slow this goes to future replies I do... Also I'm lazy.

Last edited by lonewolf08, Mar 31, 2017
  13. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    Like what everybody else said, if you have A9LH installed, and you put the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin file in the root of your SD card, it automatically starts when you power on the 3DS. So you don't need to go into the homebrew menu just to load it again. That's the benefit of A9LH. It loads the hax as soon as the system is turned on. Just be sure to update to the latest nightly. The stable is old and the nightly tends to be just as stable.

14. TudorBlue

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    having the same issue. I have updated from A9LH to 9BS. What can i do or try, to fix this?

15. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    Could you please be more specific about your problem? Do you have problems with luma or other homebrew?

16. callmeHUNTER

callmeHUNTER Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Tick AutoReboot to EmuNAND. that's what i have done since i am using emunand instead of Sysnand.

17. Takeshi666

Takeshi666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    hold start or select on boot. you’ll see the luma config. disable arm 11 exceptions