Lufia DS trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First trailer is out for the Lufia 2 DS remake. The game is a remake of the SNES classic, Lufia 2 (which was actually a prequel anyways, so they scrapped the 2). The DS version is now an action RPG, but has the original staff working on it. I'll let the trailer talk-

Coming 2-25-10 in Japan. No word on a US release, but it's possible.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bwuh.. I actually love ds remakes. Lufia is one of my favourite series (Well it's not the best but god damn if I didn't spend whole weekends playing the first.)

Is it just me or does this not at all remotely even FEEL like a remake of Rise of the sinistrals?

Okay.. wait. Read the wiki:
"Starring Maxim, a young monster hunter blessed with impressive and mysterious powers, the game features him and his friends on a quest to uncover what lurks behind the Wave Device, an object that grants the user godlike powers. As in Lufia II, the game will feature dungeons that focus heavily on puzzle-solving; unlike Lufia II, the gameplay is now action-RPG in style, with the player controlling Maxim directly in battle and switching between characters by tapping their portrait on the bottom screen."

So it's not correct to call this a remake at all, instead it's a complete reboot of the series keeping none of the old story. Also is Gadess essentially supposed to be Gades? (One of the Sinistrals)

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The trailer is so radically different from the original Lufia 2. I can't even comment on it at this point, I'll wait til I see more.

Still not feeling Maxim's new design, but that's just me being picky.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow this looks amazing this is definately something thats going on my to get list. gameplay looks so varied unlike anything I've seen on my DS before looks outstanding
smile.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I personally don't care if this game doesn't look like a remake of Lufia since I never played it, and this game looks great. I think it will be great, cos I loved the ARPG games on the DS like FFCC and Avalon Code.

Can't wait.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
stuff i like in it: when his jumping around on platforms, picking stuff up and solving puzzles that reminds me of landstalker!

stuff i dont like: not a big fan of real time combat
tongue.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
rocking... i wish they add many FMV scenes
the gameplay seems like revamped FFCC with increments
graphically looks very nice and i hope its long though u cant change much since its a remake of the SNES title (snes titles used to rock when it came to storylines)
again FEB/MAR will be a month of greatness

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lufia 2 is one of my favorite games, but this isn't very appealing. I don't like how it's an action-rpg. For that matter, I don't recognize anything from the SNES version in the trailer...I'll stick to the SNES version, I think. I hope they use all the original music, though.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this game looks so damn great:. didn't play the original plot, but am happy that they make a action rpg out of it, will be more fun:. looks like square enix are improving their handcraft with each game, an are pressing more and more out of the graphic chip of the ds:. if the final game looks like that, ffcc won't be a match

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU