Low level brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UKTone, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010

Low level brick by UKTone at 7:07 PM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I previously installed preloader and installed bootmii as boot2 as well. But I took preloader off of my sd, what things can I do?

What happened: I was trying to get wii channel cheats to work, so I did the traucha restorer, I had my codes in 2 places txtcodes and usb-loader folders in both text document and gct form, it wasn't working still. So I found out you need it to be less than 3.3U, so I was trying to downgrade offline, I already went through the traucha process (it sounded about the same at least) but I skipped the 1-18 part because I got a lot of bad files using Moosfv and so I thought just installing IOS30-64-v1040.wad and systemmenu-v289.wad (3.2U), but I also made another mistake where I installed the ios 38 in ios 38 (thought you had to, but then I did it on ios 249 and then I chose to install the systemmenu wad, and it froze at the end, so I turned it off and when I turned it back on, it flashed that little line and was just still the black screen (on my screen it still had the AV (maybe your Line/Input/etc.) sign up, usually goes away once that health screen comes up).

Is there anyway to fix this without deleting your saves, and many other things?

If there isn't a way without deleting stuff, how can I fix this for free, or relatively free, such as burning a disc?

2. Dispel

Member Dispel GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    did you do a NAND backup in bootmii ? if yes - as i understand it solves ANY software-brick

if not - no idea, perhaps service centre

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You say bootmii is installed as boot2. Can you get bootmii to run? If not, does your disc slot flash a bunch of times when you turn the wii on?

Also, Ocarina does not require a downgrade.

4. UKTone
    OP

United States
    I'm not sure, if I can or not, I have tried turning it on and holding the reset button, but I don't know how long it takes or how soon to hold the reset button.

And I am not sure if I NAND (done so much to it, can't remember) backed it up, how can I find out?
    Oh this is an older Wii, back when it first came out.

5. techboy

United States
    Pressing RESET is for preloader, not bootmii.

Do you have a bootmii folder on the root of your SD card? If so, open bootmii.ini in notepad and put a # in front of the autoboot line.

Take the SD card out, then turn the wii on. Does your disc slot flash a few times? If not, you don't have bootmii as boot2.

If you made a NAND backup, there should be a file on your SD called NAND.bin. It should be 528MB in size. There should be a keys.bin as well.

6. Dispel

Member Dispel GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
  7. veganjustice

Newcomer veganjustice Advanced Member

United States
    Well, assuming you didn't back up the files off of the SD card and then delete them, what is on your SD card, you'll have the backup on there. Throw it into your PC and let us know what is all on it.

8. UKTone
    OP

United States
    Yeah I did nand before, but it got deleted off of my pc. And I have a bootmii folder, but no it doesn't flash when I take my sd out, but did before, ut just one flash.

Is there anyway to get the stuff to work? Because I have deleted them from my sd, but installed them on my wii before.

If not how do I burn and get the cds that can save your wii but they delete everything.

9. techboy

United States
    Did you buy chance update the wii to official 4.2 after installing bootmii? Doing that uninstalls bootmii as boot2.

Does your bootmii folder contain armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf, and bootmii.ini? It should. If any are missing, it won't work.

A wii does sometimes does give one flash of its drive light when turned on. The multiple flashes I'm referring to happen a second or two after that one.

If the disc slot isn't flashing several times without an SD in, you don't have bootmii installed, which means your wii is fully bricked.