Homebrew Low fps on kitkatslim. Please help!

thesnake383

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used kitkatslim to livestream Monster Hunter last night, and got crappy framerates ranging from 2-18. It never acted like this before.

I used connectify (no dongle) to get better results but the result was the same. How can I fix this? My router is a Cisco DPC3825.

GameInCanada

Trophies
Website
www.nintend.news
XP
Country
Canada
Very strange. Not sure other then the usual,
- Is your router lanned to your pc?
- did you change hardware? Ie: laptops tend to suck at streaming.
- If youre on wifi, do you run your computer on 5g versus 2.4 that your 3ds is running on? If so change both to 2.4
- Move closer to router
- turn off and on your computer and 3ds a few times (randomly youll get a shite connection for some reason)

Other then that im not sure - if you were getting good performance before its quite strange

thesnake383

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very strange. Not sure other then the usual,
- Is your router lanned to your pc?
- did you change hardware? Ie: laptops tend to suck at streaming.
- If youre on wifi, do you run your computer on 5g versus 2.4 that your 3ds is running on? If so change both to 2.4
- Move closer to router
- turn off and on your computer and 3ds a few times (randomly youll get a shite connection for some reason)

Other then that im not sure - if you were getting good performance before its quite strange

I'm running it on my laptop and I got decent framerates before that varied every now and then from 20-30.
I have a 802.11b adapter, and my router broadcasts 2.4.
My router is literally right next to me.
I'll try restarting a few times.

EDIT: I think it might have something to do with my router. I tried Monster Hunter XX with my Japanese n3ds, and I got the same result. Smash Bros plummeted to 7fps at one point, but was still very unwatchable.

Last edited by thesnake383,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running it on my laptop and I got decent framerates before that varied every now and then from 20-30.
I have a 802.11b adapter, and my router broadcasts 2.4.
My router is literally right next to me.
I'll try restarting a few times.
im surprise dyou Got that kind of Previous framerate w/ such an old Adapter, (802.11B was the First Consumer level Wireless Standard and it's overall throughput is quite low by today's standards.)i'd suggest getting an N or at the bare minimum a G Adapter. should have a better rate that way.

thesnake383

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im surprise dyou Got that kind of Previous framerate w/ such an old Adapter, (802.11B was the First Consumer level Wireless Standard and it's overall throughput is quite low by today's standards.)i'd suggest getting an N or at the bare minimum a G Adapter. should have a better rate that way.
Then I guess a g adapter and 5g router will have to do. Thanks.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the cheapest i've encountered that should be well more than enough for the task is the Tenda W311M Wireless N USB adapter, paid 10$ a few years back. (mainly got 4 for some of my PC's and one for my RaspberryPi to act as a Homepass Server)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
802.11g is 2.4 GHz. Getting a 5 GHz (802.11n/ac) router isn't going to magically make 802.11b or 802.11g connections faster.

That, and who sells 802.11g adapters anymore? N is usually the minimum. (Do note that not all N adapters and routers support 5 GHz.)

EDIT: Cisco DPC3825 appears to be 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n. If you are in fact using an 802.11b-only Wi-Fi adapter on your PC, upgrading that to 802.11n should improve things significantly.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
802.11g is 2.4 GHz. Getting a 5 GHz (802.11n/ac) router isn't going to magically make 802.11b or 802.11g connections faster.

That, and who sells 802.11g adapters anymore? N is usually the minimum. (Do note that not all N adapters and routers support 5 GHz.)

EDIT: Cisco DPC3825 appears to be 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n. If you are in fact using an 802.11b-only Wi-Fi adapter on your PC, upgrading that to 802.11n should improve things significantly.
What it the PC was hooked up via Ethernet? Then the 3ds would benefit from the 5ghz connection.

thesnake383

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of the cheapest i've encountered that should be well more than enough for the task is the Tenda W311M Wireless N USB adapter, paid 10$ a few years back. (mainly got 4 for some of my PC's and one for my RaspberryPi to act as a Homepass Server)
Ordered. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo