Loudness equalization/all audio enhancements gone!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,435
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello.

As you may know, I recently lost all of my data and did clean installs of windows 7, 8.1, and 10. (I already replaced windows 7 with Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon, @Lacius). And so without the loudness equalization enhancement, the speakers volume is too low. So I went to the sound settings, enhancement tab, and BOOM! There was no loudness equalization! I checked on the three operating systems (again I already replaced windows 7), and in none of them was this enhancement. I already tried various solutions:

1. Going to my manufacturer’s website to find the driver (didn’t work)

2. Going to the Realtek site to get the driver (didn’t work)

3. Googling (WIP)

More data: The speakers are “Realtek High definition audio device”, and i still have the enhancements tab, with only one option available: “Disable sound effects”

I don’t know if this can help but I did the change from GPT to MBR partition style on my disk, and with that, I had to switch from UEFI to Legacy/BIOS boot mode.

Some sites say that if the board is too old, there will be no option for this, but my PC HAD this option

I hope you can guys help me :)

Reactions: Lacius

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you have windows 8.1?
also try having windows 10 redownload the driver. Just uninstall the driver and restart your computer, then update windows
also possible it was a windows 7 feature/driver that was updated out in newer versions.

Last edited by Mythical,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
also try having windows 10 redownload the driver. Just uninstall the driver and restart your computer, then update windows
also possible it was a windows 7 feature/driver that was updated out in newer versions.
i already tried it and it didn´t work

D

Deleted User

OP
Realtek driver doesn't have those enhancements, you have to use the windows generic audio driver for it.
Where can I get dat driver? Do I need to use the troubleshooter method to replace the Realtek driver with the Microsoft one?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Where can I get dat driver?
It should already be on your computer.

Device Manager

Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) {right click}
Update Driver
Browse My Computer for driver software
Let me Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
uncheck show compatible hardware
Microsoft
High definition audio version

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to keep using realtek you can install EQ APO and Peace EQ and the boost volume using the pre amp. But boosting too much can distort the sound.

And it gives you a full parametric eq that gives you real precision on how you want to adjust the frequency's.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
It should already be on your computer.

Device Manager

Sound, Video, and Game Controllers
Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) {right click}
Update Driver
Browse My Computer for driver software
Let me Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
uncheck show compatible hardware
Microsoft
High definition audio version

If you want to keep using realtek you can install EQ APO and Peace EQ and the boost volume using the pre amp. But boosting too much can distort the sound.

And it gives you a full parametric eq that gives you real precision on how you want to adjust the frequency's.
I tried to do what you did and everything was fine, but the driver installer told me: “there was a problem installing the driver”

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
D

Deleted User

OP
D

Deleted User

OP
Oh why do i have windows 8.1? Well... my mon forced me to the book store, and there was a bunch of HP computers running this OS, so i installed Nirsoft’s ProduKey, STOLE THE PRODUCT KEY Ffrom that pc

Oh never mind, I was thinking of another warning message. So it doesn't let you switch to the audio driver at all?

Try going the EQ Apo and Peace Gui route and increase volume through pre Amp.

EQ Apo
https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

Peace Gui
https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/
solved! i just had to roll back the driver. thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi