Hacking Lost with preowned soft modded LUI 64+ wii

Roni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello Guys!

I have purchased a soft modded LUI 64 wii, but it doesn`t work really well with the homebrew apps so I want re soft mod it. If it is possible or you advice it.

USB Loader GX works fine with games. In the SD card I have some cIOS installers (still not sure which I need or which have been installed earlier on this wii.)

I would only want to use the wii for playing my games from the HDD and play my old DVDs with Divx films if needed.

What is not working correctly:
- I wanted to do to make a backup in bootmii, but I cannot find the options. Possibly I have BootMii as IOS, I have read that somehow it could be done.
- Wanted modify priiloader hacks, but it says :”No hacks found for System Menu v514”
- Added Homebrew Browser > runs on error while I want to load.
- MP player doesn`t work.

What I have + installed:
+ LUI 64+ Wii with System Menu 4.3
+ HBC shows the following: 1.1.0 and it says : IOS58 v24.32
+Bootmii>
boot 2 info : “says boot2v4 and that I need to install and patch IOS36” don’t know if I should do that ?
Could only get the gist of the IOS side, but not sure which ones is safe to install or which are not on LUI 64, or changing the IOS is a downgrade or not?
Wii system info it shows I have “System Menu v(null) pm IOS80” HBC just showed me I am on 58..

+Pimp My Wii>
- I have ran a test and it say:
-“Old cIOS found v21 instead of d2x rev.1” and "No cIOS Hermes found."

Should I update the above or stick with what Bootmi suggest to patch IOS 36?

I feel I lost a bit, but would like to move my wii into a state where it is stable, and follow a good guidance to re-softmod so I would knew what I am doing and why. Please could you help where I should look for such gudance or jut if i just need to patch IOS36 or install some new cIOS installers as Pimp my wii suggests?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Roni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modded several Wii consoles. Re soft mod with modmii. If bootmii menu doesn't come up after installing bootmii and preparing the sd card using hackmii installer try a different sd card.bootmii is picky. Also if bootmii is installed as ios you need to set up priiloader mod to load bootmii at boot. Then it will run automatically at boot if you have a prepared sd card in the Wii at boot. You will have to change the name of the bootmii folder to get out the boot normally out change the priiloader setting back system menu. Or you can just load bootmii ios in the home brew channel pause screen(hit the home button in hbc and select bootmii). I prefer the priiloader method for the brick protection it offers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn