Hacking Lost Updating

Majorix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi people,

I am quite new to the scene. I have a Gateway card with the release 2.0b which I made the seller install. Right now I am sitting on that, pondering how to update to 2.1. I tried to google a bit, but it only made me more confused. I saw some guides with 20 steps and stuff, and I think it shouldn't be that complicated?

My question is:
1. How do I update from 2.0b to 2.1? Is there a way to do this straight through the 3DS itself, using wi-fi?
2. If not, where can I look?
3. Is the process of starting a game different than 2.0b?

Thanks!

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download the latest GW files
2. Copy Launcher.dat to your 3DS SD card
3. Enter the Gateway menu
4. Enter Gateway mode and follow the prompts to update the red card's FPGA

Majorix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. There are a few points which are not clear to me.

Am I not going to use the folder named "Blue Card (R4i)" at all? Just the "Launcher.dat"? This folder is also mentioned in the setup part of the "Quick Guide" which comes with GW, that is why I am asking.

And the red card will update automatically once I am in Gateway mode?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3DS already has the Gateway exploit installed, you should not have to use anything in the Blue Card folder. Just copy the Launcher.dat over to your SD card. Once you enter Gateway mode with the new Launcher.dat in place, it will start the update process.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue card folder contains the GW_Installer.nds (must be run at least once and after any time you play a DS game) and the UI files for the blue card to run. If you already have a DS flashcart like the DSTWO, then you can just copy GW_Installer.nds to the mSD you use for your DS flashcart and run it from there.

Gateway menu forces you to have the red card inserted in order to load Gateway mode. When you try to launch it, it will see that your red card needs to be updated and ask you to update it.

EDIT: :ph34r:'d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr