Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I've gotten back into drawing lately and have been using photoshop to do my inking. Everything has been fine except for the fact that the process is slow with a mouse, especially working on a manga panel. So now I want to buy a graphic tablet and have found that Wacom is the company to choose from. After looking at their products, the Bamboo line seems like a good choice for line art. Now is where I'm stuck. Which of the 4 Bamboo tablets should I buy, Connect, Splash, Capture, or Create? The Create is a bit pricey but if it's much better than the rest I may consider it. Any thoughts on which one I should buy?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splash for drawing as a basic tablet, Create for more luxurious (Just easier) hobby drawing, Intuos for professional.

(Cintiqs are for the lazy, but rich hobbyists and real working professional artists.)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got the intuos2 and 4 and at work my boss just got me the 5 today. i love the 5 so far. i'm getting used to the touch controls.

as far as drawing functionality, all bamboo models are identical. the splash and connect don't have touch controls which i'm finding very useful for accessing extra control and tools without the need for a keyboard or key shortcuts. the size isn't a huge deal. i have 6x8 tablets and it is plenty big for drawing on 2 22" monitors. i think the 4x6 should be comfortable for 1 monitor.

so if you think the create is too pricey, and you just want the pen functionality, then the splash is the way to go. it is really affordable and you'll be able to do the same things Artwise than the other 2 (don't know about the connect - is it just the splash but wireless?). the intuos 4 doesn't have touch controls and i still love it, tho i'm starting to like the intuos 5 better because of the touch.

i don't know exactly what you want. all of the bamboo's will have the same drawing ability, the only difference otherwise is the size of the tablet which will affect how it feels. do you draw tight small lines or do you like to do longer strokes? all the other options they offer don't affect drawing whatsoever.

sorry, if i didn't give more direct advice.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
i got the intuos2 and 4 and at work my boss just got me the 5 today. i love the 5 so far. i'm getting used to the touch controls.

as far as drawing functionality, all bamboo models are identical. the splash and connect don't have touch controls which i'm finding very useful for accessing extra control and tools without the need for a keyboard or key shortcuts. the size isn't a huge deal. i have 6x8 tablets and it is plenty big for drawing on 2 22" monitors. i think the 4x6 should be comfortable for 1 monitor.

so if you think the create is too pricey, and you just want the pen functionality, then the splash is the way to go. it is really affordable and you'll be able to do the same things Artwise than the other 2 (don't know about the connect - is it just the splash but wireless?). the intuos 4 doesn't have touch controls and i still love it, tho i'm starting to like the intuos 5 better because of the touch.

i don't know exactly what you want. all of the bamboo's will have the same drawing ability, the only difference otherwise is the size of the tablet which will affect how it feels. do you draw tight small lines or do you like to do longer strokes? all the other options they offer don't affect drawing whatsoever.

sorry, if i didn't give more direct advice.
Actually that was really good advice. Right now I don't know the difference between the touch controls and not having them because I've never used a tablet. Based on what you said, I should be okay without them because I always use keyboard shortcuts anyways. My drawing style always varies from long strokes to small ones, it really depends what I'm drawing. It seems to me then, the Bamboo Splash is the best choice for me being a beginner. Thanks a lot for the help and I'm very jealous that your boss got you a nice new tablet. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr