Looking to buy a headset

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Wizerzak, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012

Looking to buy a headset by Wizerzak at 1:01 AM (245 Views / 1 Likes) 3 replies

1. Wizerzak
    OP

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    So I've finally had enough of in-ear buds and a separate, cheap microphone laying on the desk in front of me and thought I'd get a proper headset for Christmas. Only problem is I've basically no experience in choosing one and am not entirely sure what to be looking for.
    From what I've gathered from Google-ing the Steelseries Siberia V2 is a popular choice and after looking a bit closer it does look very good and everything I'm looking for (the 'invisible' mic is very neat). However, it is quite pricey (even though you can spend literally hundreds on headsets) at ~£60, I'd prefer to keep it a little cheaper at under £50 though if you can convince me to spend the little extra go ahead (or alternatively can find a better price).

So, any suggestions/thoughts/tips?
    Thanks in advance.

BTW, I found this on eBay for only £25, what are the chances that this is genuine and new?

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    You get what you pay for, really. That's pretty much always the case. Spend more if you want more.

Anyway.
    Awesome headphones, alright mic = Sennheiser. Fantastic quality and feel, though usually a bit on the larger side. But comfort is big baby.
    Alright headphones, great mic = logitech. I've got a G330 myself. Flimsy as shit, but not THAT expensive. Works fantastically I must say, but not great for prolonged use (by prolonged I mean like...3-4+ hours). Hurts the ears after that long.

I hear SteelSeries is a good brand. No idea though since i've never tried anything except their mousepads (which are quite awesome I might add, even for a mousepad)

3. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    Why do you need another set of heads? Did someone cut your original one off?

OT: Logitech is pretty good.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom