Gaming Looking to build a new computer

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it looks like my "current" desktop is completely dead. My Windows installs' boot sector/MBR/BCD is damaged, and no amount of command prompt commands and images are able to restore it(If anybody's got advice, I'd love to hear it), and the other drive in my desktop died yesterday(classic clicking), and BIOS now refuses to boot. Rather than replace the motherboard and everything else, which I now think failed because of a faulty PSU, I'm looking to build a new computer.

My budget is about $800(not entirely set in stone), without monitor, keyboard, speakers, and mouse. I'm looking for an Intel build(Undecided between Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge), and the graphics card needs both a DVI-D connector and a VGA connector for my current dual-screen setup. Preferably, I'd like to be able to play BF3 on the higher settings, and Skyrim on ultra and then some, with all the texture packs and various graphics enhancements.
Thanks.

chains_of_androm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you live near microcenter, sandy+mobo usually has a nice discount, plus their cpu prices are almost always cheaper than newegg anyhow. also, that case is a pita to work with and cooling is atrocious, thats the only thing i would change in that build(maybe a corsair or lianli), everything else looks good to go.

EDIT: i see you live in nyc, there is a microcenter in yonkers, i've used that one, excellent prices and accessible by public transit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?