Hardware Looking for unpatched switch does fw matter?

Jamieson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new here and to this. I want to get an unpatched switch but from what I understand it could be quite hard to get an new one. I was thinking of a secondhand one but as there's a new firmware out, some people may have updated there Switches to the official Nintendo 8.1.0 firmware. If they have updated to 8.1 would that mean that CFW won't be able to work on them? or would it cause any other problems. I'm in the uk.

Is there anything else I should look out for if buying secondhand?

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you wanna get better hack than RCM you should get console with fw lower than 7.X (after that bug was fixed)

That depends on how you see it, software hacks are never better than hardware hacks, with a firmware back you should stay in that firmware to be able to use it, a hardware hacks makes the console an open book.

And no, it does not matter, as long as you read, inform yourself and do a BACKUP before doing anything else, you can always go back or forth in firmware version cause you will have a way to flash the BACKUP back.

Last edited by ginryu,
Reactions: Tac 21 and Jamieson

Jamieson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best firmware version I could realistically get? I take it, it's better if it's on an earlier/older firmware version, maybe I'll try and take my time to get one lower than 7. The only problem is I think a lot of people just click update when they receive the update notification so quite alot will probably be on 8.1.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best firmware version I could realistically get? I take it, it's better if it's on an earlier/older firmware version, maybe I'll try and take my time to get one lower than 7. The only problem is I think a lot of people just click update when they receive the update notification so quite alot will probably be on 8.1.
Software version doesn't matter on unpatched systems.

Reactions: Tac 21 and Jamieson

Jamieson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Software version doesn't matter on unpatched systems.

Thanks, so there's no benefit to getting firmware before 7? so I can get any unpatched Switch, that will make life easier. Does it matter what previous users of the system may have done with it other than getting it banned?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so there's no benefit to getting firmware before 7? so I can get any unpatched Switch, that will make life easier. Does it matter what previous users of the system may have done with it other than getting it banned?
The software version doesn't matter at all if you're using fuses gelee, so you only need to worry about getting an unpatched system.

What the previous user did doesn't really matter, as long as it's functional (assuming you don't care about your ban risk).

Reactions: Jamieson

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unpatched console in great shape. Already running Fusée gelée DM me.

XAW10009

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by bootaholic,

Jamieson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just came across ipatched systems, I seen them mentioned but wasn't sure what they were. From what I just read, could I get a new patched switch from a store and "ipatch" it, if it has 4.1.0 fw? not sure if "ipatch" it is the correct terminology. Is there a good chance that store bought Switch would come with 4.1.0 firmware in the UK? I saw Caffeine exploit & Déjà Vu mentioned in relation to this.

Are there downsides for possible ipatched Switch over unpatched Switches. I would prefer a new console, but if the hack is much worse or there is a big risk of not getting 4.1 fw I think I would be better to stick to looking for secondhand unpatched Switch.

I saw in another thread a poster mentioned that Mariko units ship with 8.1 in North America, is that the same in the UK and how do you ID them?

Last edited by Jamieson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all