Looking for two Wii Games for Dolphin

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Famicon, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    I know it's illegal to post game ROMs online, but I want the following games without spending too much money, and I'm having trouble trying to get these games for a really cheap price.

Wii Play NTSC
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (2008) NTSC

I can't even rent them or return them easily. And I refuse to get involved with torrents.

No one has to privately send me the .iso files for the games. Assuming anyone is too paranoid or what I'm asking for is too much and illegal, tell me how to get legit copies of the games to rip and return.

2. DarioEMeloD

DarioEMeloD Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Shpongleland
    Why not torrent?

3. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Dealing with torrent is dangerous and illegal. I don't even have something to extract from .torrent files, and I'd rather not go looking for one.

4. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Torrents aren't illegal on their own. They're only illegal if distributing copyrighted content like the games you're looking for.
    In that sense they're no more illegal than it is for you to click a download link on any other warez site, but only if it's for copyrighted content.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Famicon
    OP

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Even so, I'd still have to extract from the torrent, and what's the best program for that?

6. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    You don't extract a torrent, you use it with another program like transmission or uTorrent to download the folder/files from seeders.

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    what really makes it dangerous is uploading...
    if it was not for the upload, torrent is the exact same thing as clicking on a download link in terms of "illegal, moral, etc"
    disable uploading if you are paranoid... some torrent clients offer this option, transmission is one of them.
    the only extra step you require is a torrent client...
    there are dozens or hundreds of them...

as for extraction from zipped\rared files, it's the exact same thing as downloading from a website...
    in websites you usually get the extra pain of downloading all the several parts individually..
    use 7-zip in any case.

8. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    If you are gonna use uTorrent use version 2.2.1. It has NO ads and it doesn't mine bitcoins in the background.

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You can get Wii Play from Amazon for like $15. Mario & Sonic is a bit pricey but you might be able to find it a pawn shop or used game store.