kosta44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum and also to homebrew on the DS. I'm looking for some advice, and hoping you guys can help.
I'm I want to get a flash card but I'm not really sure what would best suit my needs.

Mainly I'm interested in playing DS, GBA, SNES, and Nes roms. But it'd be nice to get into some homebrew apps as well.

I've looked at the G6 Real and the M3 Real. I like that with the M3 you can use a Micro SD card since they've become so cheap and have relatively high storage capacity.

Any help would seriously be appreciated,

thanks

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd probably get better responses in the DS forum.

Regardless, most slot-1 devices take microSD cards, and those are usually the preferred method rather than built-in flash. I'd suggest a slot-1 device with the slot-2 EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack to add GBA compatibility quickly. Other slot-1 devices you can consider are the R4, DSTT, Supercard DS, CycloDS Evolution, and Acekard RPG.

Keep in mind that the emulators to play NES and SNES games are by definition homebrew applications as well. SNES emulation isn't perfect, but it works well for many games. Just don't be disappointed if a game you like doesn't work.

kosta44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that slot 1 options that use a micro sd card eat the batter a lot faster then then g6 real. Is that true. Thanks for the advice btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ