Looking for high budget laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Potato hoarder, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Potato hoarder
    OP

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hello. My mother is looking for a laptop for video and picture editing.

Her budget is 1750 CAD or 1300 USD

A few things she is looking for include:

A 13" laptop, A 4K touch display that can fold into a tablet, A SSD instead of an HDD, A decent processor and a decent graphics card.

If anyone can link to a site that is selling a laptop that fits those specs at or below that price, I would very much appreciate it as I couldn't find much. It would also be preferred that it ships to Canada.

2. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    Get the new Alienware 13, is considerably compact, fits your budget and you can customize it to your needs.

3. Potato hoarder
    OP

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks but one of the main things that she was looking for was that it could convert into a tablet

4. raystriker

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    oh i missed that part.

In that case, any of these (preferably the 3rd one): http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop

Edit: The graphics processing aren't super crazy or anything but they're good enough to play games like Skyrim.

Last edited by raystriker, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    That point does narrow it down a bit. The Surface Book is out of her price range. I had an Asus TP-500LN which had Nvidia 840m, but it was a 15.6" screen and a pile of shit.

I don't think there are any 13" models. there are a couple 15" 2-in1s with GPUs, such as my Asus and a Lenovo Flex.