Hacking Looking for help - Installed some DLC using Brazillian Method, and now can't boot the game.

tazz131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have a disc based game installed on my Wii U.

I used the Brazillian Method to install DLC.

Now the disc based game won't boot.

Any fixes?

Thanks.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a disc based game installed on my Wii U.

I used the Brazillian Method to install DLC.

Now the disc based game won't boot.

Any fixes?

Thanks.

You need signature patching for DLC. This can be achieved via haxchi while holding B, coldboot, or CFW.

tazz131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'm using Haxchi.

Will have to double check...I don't currently have the system - Did it for a friend, apparently that's the only game that isn't working. Was concerned that there might be an issue since the game was a disc based install, and the DLC was not...

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In its default configuration you need to press B while Haxchi is loading for sigpatch. Is "your friend" doing that? :)

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to jump in but i have haxchi installed via the ds game to launch homebrew. When i click the channel do i just hold b and then i can play games with dlc? Sorry still a bit new to wii u modding.

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmfao i just went back to look at the Haxchi 2.0 post and reread it. Ty very much for the fast responce. Guess i need to start getting some dlc lol. i do have 2 follow up questions. 1 if i install dlc for a game that means i MUST hold b befor launching every game or just ones after atarting the system. 2 if i uninstall the game and reinstall it without the dlc i wont have to do that for it to run , correct? I only ask cause i have kidsand want it to be easy for them

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have kids as well and understand.

You just need to launch Haxchi (with b)once after booting the system. Allegedly. I suppose "something" could happen and you would need to run it again but when a system gets wonky, I just reboot.

If the game is legit you should not need to run Haxchi.

Alternatively, you can modify the config.txt file to default to sigpatch when you run Haxchi. This guide already has a modified one you can download, take a look it is very simple.

https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUT...ling-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel

Also after you know Haxchi is working properly consider installing CBHC over it, then hiding the icon in a folder on the last page and threaten your kids with a permanent ban if they touch it. Will make things much simplier.

Use Wii USB Helper for getting your DLC or whatever you want. Easy.

Last edited by thorasgar,

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good read , thanks again. And im gonna have to look more into the CBHC cause i really like the idea of just booting up and playing, expecially for the kids lol

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.