Looking for GBA flashcart.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by fairie, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

Looking for GBA flashcart. by fairie at 3:39 PM (1,118 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. fairie
    OP

Newcomer fairie Member

Canada
    I'm looking to get a GBA flashcart since I'm covered for NDS games (Cyclo DS). I've been looking at the EZFlash 3 in 1 and the EZIV but I'm not sure which is more suitable to my needs. I'll be wanting to play some homebrew (like Mother 3) but I don't care much for playing Pokemon games (I already have those.)

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    My personal preference is a dedicated slot2 cart and not just a 3in1. That way you don't have to reserve any space on your slot1 cart to store GBA content because a dedicated slot2 cart has its own SD slot.

I have 3 different dedicated slot2 carts: EZFlash IV, M3 Perfect and a Supercard.

The M3 Perfect is definitely the best of the 3, but you really can't get them anymore and if you do find one they are very expensive (but worth it). Supercard has lame slowdown in many GBA games, so I'd avoid that one if I were you.

That really only leaves you 2 choices, the EZFlash IV or a 3in1. Which one you choose is completely up to your preference.

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Mother 3 isn't a homebrew.

And that's not the only problem for the 3in1.
    The battery in the 3in1 won't warn you before it dies.
    It also isn't rechargable, and if you want to change it, you have to open the 3in1, and the risk of breaking it is far too high.

I would recommend an EZ-Flash IV. It is still being manufactured and the battery in it is rechargable (Should be.)

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    CR2025 batteries found in the EZ-Flash IV being sold now are not rechargable.

5. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Whatever..

EZ-FLASH IV and EXP 3 in 1 are simmilar from inside (same hardware) as they both come from EZ manufacturer.

I used to own both, and...

I stand for exp 3 in 1, as EZ 4 is bulky and may cause some saving problems because of GBA/DS mode and kernel you´re actual using.

In other hand, exp 3 in 1 need to have a slot 1 card and GBA games held in it. You use a homebrew to transfer GBA games from SLOT 1 to SLOT 2 EX 3 in 1 card (unless you own a EZ-V)

6. fairie
    OP

Newcomer fairie Member

Canada
    I can't remember which one I was reading about, but I think on one you can only have one GBA game? I'd prefer something where I can load multiple roms.

7. kmihalj

Newcomer kmihalj Advanced Member

Croatia
    If you need card for use in GBA than use EZ-Flash IV.

I had M3 Perfect, but afther some times same games just crashed and corrupt save files (Rayman games in my case), afther restart of games save file is recreated but I must start game from begining. ... on EZ-Flash IV that never happend, but on them I get afther 2 years of using garbled screen, ..... games was there, save files were OK but main menu of EZ-Flash was as writnen with dingbats+arab+kanji fonts .... not readable, but all was working afther I start any game on it, but just I can't read which one I selected on menu until game was loaded.

I bought another EZ Flash IV .... and I'm pretty happy now. .... old one is still working but main menu is unreadable.

If you need card for use in NDS for playing GBA games use 3-in-1. I have it and that is great card for use in NDS Phat or NDS Lite .... for GBA games, rumble and memory for Opera..... I use it most of time for rumble since I have real GBA and I prefer playing GBA games on GBA console.

I have it that way and that satisfy all my needs....

8. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile

You should try upgrading you old EZ 4 with a newer kernel. I bet taht´d fix the messed up text.

My brother (the one i gave my ez 4) always take out this flashcard while DS is on, even sometimes while it´s writing. Bad mistake.

Just once, the whole kernel inside got corrupted and ´d show anything but a white screen. So i upgraded kernel and everything came back to normal.

Trust me, it´s a good deal. And, the newer kernel you upgrade, the better NDS compatability, but worst GBA´s one.