Looking for Advice on Switch Accessories...

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lukerz, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Lukerz
    OP

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Last edited by Lukerz, Jun 2, 2017
  2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
  3. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2016
    Panama
    Zelda = Profit.

Charging dock? No way. Dont spend 30$ on that. Completely useless (Well, 90% useless)

Anyway, i think it depends on some things. A screen protector is mandatory (If you dont want that screen to be scratch).

If you plan to take it with you, travel etc, then a case is a good idea and a battery bank with some good USB C is recommended.

In case you are more of a "house" console guy then i like the Switch stand, another wall charger (So you have one with the dock and another when you play in handheld) and maybe a cover (This one is not necessary but i like the idea of having my Switch protected).

I would say that you should try it first and then see what is better for your lifestyle with the Switch. For example i didnt think i would use my Switch on tabletop mode but i actually do so i bought a stand and i love it. Because of that i have another wall charger so i dont have to plug in and out the original from the dock.

A Pro Controller is a good idea but not vital. Try the Joy-Cons.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Can you confirm if the quality is reliable?

5. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    On this case no. (Can't find a switch) however I mainly use Hori cases, and screen protectors and I've never had any issues.