Looking for a emulator

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Master Dimentio, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Hello. I'm looking for an emulator I can put on my 3DS that I could play GBA/SNES/NES games on. But mainly GBA. The one catch is it needs to be able to make use of cheat codes. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. gbaboy123

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    ok buddy so for gba the best option is vc injects, for snes try retroarch you need new 3ds to get full experience, nes you can find a retroarch core as well but you can also get injects

3. Master Dimentio
    OP

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    And for using cheats? I've gone through Mother 3 like 100 times and want to see what's different about the 1.2 translation. So I kinda wanted to do a quick run through.

4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Use MGba. It has the best performance for gba if you don't want to use virtual console games. I'm not sure if it supports cheats or not.

5. Master Dimentio
    OP

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Where does MGba allow cheats? I'm using it now but don't see an option for it.

6. gbaboy123

gbaboy123 Banned

Banned
    May 14, 2011
    United States
    tree with wi fi
    I think gba roms save on the same rom so just download an emulator for pc put in your cheat codes then run it on your 3ds now with the cheats, but am not sure I used to do that with pokemon red but you could try it

7. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    I'm pretty sure cheats aren't a permanent change in RAM, so you can't do that.
    You can use cheats on PC, play until a certain point then inject that save into the 3DS, but I'm pretty sure that's not what OP's looking for.

8. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    As I was thinking on making a similar thread I may ask it just here, there are some good emulator for sega genesis(mega drive) that works nice on o3ds?

I want to play zero wings!!!

9. ThePanchamBros

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    for gba use Mgba, the best one is the retroarch version. Use the snes9x retroarch version for snes games, and the FCEUMM for 3ds for nes.