• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,144
  • Replies 10
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I am looking for a laptop that is fairly affordable and I was wondering if anyone on GBAtemp would be willing to drop a suggestion thanks

Reactions: Mythical

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for a laptop that is fairly affordable and I was wondering if anyone on GBAtemp would be willing to drop a suggestion thanks
We really need either a price point or a goal you're looking for in mind for the laptop
for instance I'd start at 1080p for laptops and 60hz, but it's on you what you're looking into :D

D

Deleted User

OP
We really need either a price point or a goal you're looking for in mind for the laptop
for instance I'd start at 1080p for laptops and 60hz, but it's on you what you're looking into :D

Okay thank sorry for being unclear I am thinking a available price range would be $100 and I was hoping for support for OpenGL 3.3 or higher and enough power to compile code but for $100 I don't know how good a laptop you can get

D

Deleted User

OP

Okay thank sorry for being unclear I am thinking a available price range would be $100 and I was hoping for support for OpenGL 3.3 or higher and enough power to compile code but for $100 I don't know how good a laptop you can get

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At that price point I would look into refurbished models/used models.
You're not gonna get a lot for $100, but almost any laptop can compile code (rendering is a different story).
I'd either save up some extra money or buy a cheap chromebook
Here's an example https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Flagshi...=sr_1_9?keywords=laptop&qid=1581085206&sr=8-9
I would really look into used/refurbished though as you can get a lot more for your money.
Whatever you get should also be able to do some low level emulation because that primarily uses only cpu power

Last edited by Mythical,
D

Deleted User

OP
At that price point I would look into refurbished models/used models.
You're not gonna get a lot for $100, but almost any laptop can compile code (rendering is a different story).
I'd either save up some extra money or buy a cheap chromebook
Here's an example https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Flagshi...=sr_1_9?keywords=laptop&qid=1581085206&sr=8-9
I would really look into used/refurbished though as you can get a lot more for your money.
Whatever you get should also be able to do some low level emulation because that primarily uses only cpu power

Okay thank you for your insight

Reactions: Mythical

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Buy it in Mexico, a dolar equals 20 pesos.

A laptop costing 6000 pesos would only cost you 360 dollars.
You can get very decent ones at that price.

D

Deleted User

OP
Buy it in Mexico, a dolar equals 20 pesos.

A laptop costing 6000 pesos would only cost you 360 dollars.
You can get very decent ones at that price.

$360 :blink:

I have found a samsung chromebook which i will install Linux into so that may work for $150

Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1