Looking at installing the Capture Card

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gamehippie, Dec 28, 2015.

1. gamehippie
    OP

gamehippie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Paradise
    hey guys,

has anyone found success in installing the card themselves? according to some recent searching, shipping my 3DS XL off to KatsuKity (?) seems unreasonable due to the time involved. this is the guide i'll be using, and i'm open to any advise that can be given. this is my first time trying something like this.

note: while i'm on the subject, does anyone have a similar solution to the Vita? couldn't find a similar guide or even the mod parts separately from buying a modded Vita.

thanks and regards

2. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I feel like using a Vita TV and a normal HD capture card would be the best way to go

3. gamehippie
    OP

gamehippie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Paradise
    i'm aware of the method but didn't look at the details. i was hoping to get down and dirty with the Vita's hardware, but it looks like i might be alone in that. thanks anyway man

4. infinest

infinest Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Have you actually found a place selling install kits? I thought after some people fucked up their systems everyone started to only sell premodded systems or install services.

5. gamehippie
    OP

gamehippie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Paradise
    after a recent search i can conclude i may have confused the kits i was looking at before. i was using this video as a reference:

i'm disappointed in my presumptuous thinking earlier, but assuming their shops are still accepting orders this would be a fine excuse to upgrade to N3DS. the waiting period i've read about is unjustifiable. if that's correct, is there a more immediate service?