Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi!

The LoneWolfDS project has reached a significant milestone, this time with the 5th book of the Lone Wolf series: Shadow On The Sand. For those who had missed previous volumes, this is an attempt at porting good old paper gamebooks to the DS console. Why is this one special? Because this is the last volume of the Kai series, closing the first cycle of Lone Wolf's adventures. It's also the biggest of all the Kai books (400 sections spread in two main chapters, phew!).

A nice review of the book can be read here: http://web.ncf.ca/as300/b5.html

So what's new in this 5th book?
- A nice new adventure including 400 sections and several original plot twists!
- I made a new music to celebrate this milestone, called "The Last Chapter", bringing the OST to 10 tracks.

As with all other versions, you can continue your game from the last book. For this, you need to have the "The Chasm Of Doom.xml" file at the root of your SD card, and this saved game must contain at least one slot saved at the end of book 4.

You can get the game here : http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

(please don't host the ROM on your site but use this link instead, as required by the Project Aon licensed! Thanks!)

If you encounter a problem or a bug, please tell me your DS and linker model and I'll try to investigate. Thank you for your feedback!

So now, what will I do for the rest of the series? I'm not sure yet. I'll first have to check what gameplay changes the new books may involve. I'm also starting to consider an iPhone port of my homebrew: I'm currently in a professional transition, and I'd like to earn a bit of money to feed my family. So porting it to online selling platforms might generate a bit of income. By the way, if you want to thank me for the work I've done during the last years, and encourage me to release further books, you can still make a donation on the download page. In those changing times for me, it will be more helpful than ever, and will be greatly appreciated!
wink.gif

Anyway, spread the word and have fun!
smile.gif

Frédéric Calendini

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was lucky to be the fifth person to have downloaded this, apparently. I have been waiting for this one for awhile; Shadow on the Sand is my absolute favorite of all of the Lone Wolf books.

Thanks, Frederic!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i always wondered if it was you doing the music score for these games. i hope you go on to port the entire series. this could end up being one of the best homebrew projects of all time! good luck with any i-ports, i hope you make some money off of your hard work.

cheers,
-another world

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks so much this series is great! its too bad that we cant port fighting fantasy yet cause of copyright issues...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Awesome, awesome awesome! I will enjoy this series on the DS for sure. Please keep up the good work. I will see if I can get some money for donation
wink.gif

Michoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Ha well done, I had missed that one. It's now fixed and will be in the next release.

(for the Magnakai series, my original post says what I currently think about this
wink.gif
)

Cheers
Frédéric

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finished all the books yesterday and I haven't found a single bug except that one. Great job!

I wish I could translate the books to the Portuguese language :/

[EDIT] I forgot to post, I was playing in a DSLite + Acekard 2.1 + AKAIO 1.7.1, with the last version of all the books.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all