ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So basically, I'm in this phase just before finals where I just don't want to do anything school-related, and it's proven to be hard as hell for me to get out of this phase. It's not like I'm a horrible student, though; in 3 of my classes (I'm currently a freshman in college) I have three A's, and a C in my other class due to me accidentally fucking up on one of the homework assignments. Now, I know I can get my crap done but I've wasted so much damn time that I'm going to have to resort to half-assing some of my work at this point, something I've proven to be quite good at, although this certainly shouldn't be the path I should travel. I'm a good student, but I have a terribly inconsistent work ethic which I've been struggling with for years. And I still can't kill off this inconsistent way of doing work.

So basically, I have a final in two days, and I have some reading to do. Not terribly worried as this class (sociology) ties in to cultural anthropology quite a bit and I did quite a bit of this stuff last year in high school, so it's basically refreshing my memory. My main concern is that I won't necessarily know the opinions of the sociologists discussed in the class. One thing that will potentially kill me is the 10 page research paper that I've had ALL SEMESTER TO DO which I still haven't started yet. Luckily, the subject of my research paper is interesting so I'm sure I can write it down quickly enough with a solid amount of effort, as I'm a pretty decent writer. I'll probably have my friend proof-read the paper though.

I have some homework due for my economics class due this Wednesday as well, but it's been really easy stuff. Considering I also took economics last year, it's mainly been refreshing my memory about the subject. Not worried at all for it or the final, which is next week.

For computer class, I have a final project rather than a final exam. The assignment is due next week so I'm not worried at all.

The other killer class though is Logic and Mathematical Reasoning. I've had all month to do the homework and I've done just a bit of the assignment. I have until Friday to get it done but the problems are probably going to consume a crapload of my time, so... I'm probably fucked in that regard. My final exam for that is next Tuesday and it goes over proofs... which I've had a love/hate relationship with. I hope to GOD I pass this class; I have a passing grade but I really can't afford to fuck myself over.

So yeah. I want to say "fuck my life" but this is all my doing and the fact is that I need to really reform myself in this regard. I can definitely be a determined student who can get my work done with few problems, but it's getting there that's the problem when I know it's so easy to do. And students say that they don't have enough time for work. Pah!

I'd rather be playing Twilight Princess right now, but I gotta get my shit together. I'm looking forward to a good winter break so I know that it'll be worth it once I get my stuff done. Okay, enough getting distracted by writing this down; I should get going. Uh, feel free to post your feedback or whatever, as negative as you want. I probably deserve it so yeah.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
awwwww I think someone needs a hug!

I'm not sure what to say really, but I think a lot of people end up in situation where they have a crapload of stuff to do! The only thing that I can suggest is just going for it? Ideally you'll want to have a schedule to stick to... Yeah I know you have an inconsistant work ethic! But if you're able to allocate realistic amounts of time into doing different things, it's likely you'll get them done. Of course, chances are you won't stick to the schedule, but mentally you'd feel better that you have some sort of structure in your head! If that makes sense?

I do think after the winter break you need to work on changing your habits though. I mean, really try. It's not about being a super nerd and getting everything done as soon as work is set! It's just about... finding something that works for you- in terms of completing work. Work is really boring, but sometimes you do literally need to force yourself. I think you'll agree it's extremely difficult to start something, but then it becomes much easier!

I actually have more constructive things to say, but they're not coming to me atm. I just feel if I rant at you a bit, you'll take notice.

Good luck with everything! Do your best also.

ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I'm not feeling too bad at the moment as I've gotten some stuff done. Gonna make some more progress tonight before I go to bed though.

OH LOOK ITS MINECRAFT LOL

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been a procrastinator all my life. Trying to change my habit now, as a senior, but you know how hard it is. I actually did my homework on a Saturday last week; so proud of myself
biggrin.gif

I also have a habit of not doing homework...trying to change that as well so I'm not screwed over next year.

Good luck with your classes, sounds really tough
frown.gif

ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
becat said:
I've been a procrastinator all my life. Trying to change my habit now, as a senior, but you know how hard it is. I actually did my homework on a Saturday last week; so proud of myself
biggrin.gif

I also have a habit of not doing homework...trying to change that as well so I'm not screwed over next year.

Good luck with your classes, sounds really tough
frown.gif

It's a bit challenging but I've been able to handle it for the most part. I just haven't been motivated/haven't motivated myself enough lately. Which, of course, sucks.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
When it comes to procrastination, I think I just might be one of the best at it... If you've heard about the IB, then you know it's one of the toughest high school curriculums out there. Me, I completed it, whilst barely doing any homework at all... like, literally, the only stuff I did were the absolutely necessary essays and stuff. I had higher level math. Did I do any math home work? Naaaahhh, why should I when there were more fun ways to spend my time...

Exam week: What did I do? The Internet is what. Oh well, I passed, got into my number one university and all, even if all my work was last minute stuff...

Now I'm sitting here, a university student, and I have to redo my math and physics courses because I decided my time was better spent doing all sorts of other fun things. All that procrastination finally caught up, and now I need to double up on courses if I want to get through uni in a timely manner...

Yeah, procrastination doesn't pay off. But it seems whatever I tell myself, I always drift towards procrastination again... I swear it must be a disease.

Oh, and brilliant. Class starts in 5 mins, and I'm at home...
Internet 1-0 Education

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.