LOL models in Pokemon games?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Doredialilligan, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Doredialilligan
    OP

Doredialilligan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Since I've seen a good amount of custom textures in Pokemon XY/ORAS, I have a doubt. For example, can I change a pokemon/trainer model to a DJ Sona model?
    And if it is possible, could someone do a "tutorial"?
    Here is the DJ Sona model and in the Youtube chanel you can find more of them.

2. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I assume you could by replacing the trainer's sprite. I am no expert at this so don't ask me but I can telly you it will look derpy without a walking animation

3. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I can't help with the conversion and injection process, but depending on how high the poly count is you may have to reduce the poly count or get an entirely different model.

4. Sgt. Lulz

Sgt. Lulz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2010
    I don't think you can outright replace .BCH models yet.
    Last time I checked, you could only replace texture files and modify the model data slightly, which isn't nearly enough to do full character replacements.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  5. Damon_girl

Damon_girl GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    I think it's possible because I watched a YouTube video where this guy was playing as Groudon and the rival was replaced by Kyorge. Heck he even added in Vegeta from DBZ.

6. Sgt. Lulz

Sgt. Lulz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2010
    I saw the first one. I probably should've made the distinction between 'replace' and 'alter', because models CAN be swapped, but not outright replaced with fully custom models.
    As for the second one, I've never seen that. In all likelihood, it's just a vertex/texture edit. It's POSSIBLE to edit vertexes slightly (position, rotation, UVs, etc.), but it's not possible to replace the model outright, as the vertex indexes have to match, or you'll just end up with a very corrupted-looking model.
    Obviously, nothing is impossible, but I'd advise to not hold your breaths yet. Ohana3DS Rebirth development is pretty stalled and there's no real interest from skilled developers to put forth the effort for something like it.
    It's sad, but I guess that's how it is right now.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. Damon_girl

Damon_girl GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Here's the second video I was talking about, along with one of Goku being played as well.

8. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    I'm not keen on asking people for requests, but I have a very simple one if someone could help me out. All I want is for Linoone's model to be replaced by a slightly larger Zigzagoon, if that's possible. I love Zigzagoon, but dislike Linoone, so I would love if someone did that. The models are pretty high quality from what I've heard, so slightly increasing the size of a Zigzagoon shouldn't pose any problems, right?