Logic 101

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you stopped closing thread, people would stop making threads.

Right now you have well over 500 guests and users who are looking to read or talk about the AP problems. Some are trolls. Some are idiots. But some are good samaritans willing to spend days working on a solution so that everyone ELSE can enjoy the game.

Make a thread so everyone can post in it and you will stop seeing new threads.
Ban the trolls, and you won't see the thread go off-topic.

But if you keep closing them? There will be more and more and more threads, because people want to know what is going on.
They want to share ideas, try solutions, etc.

There are dozens of users here who would be willing to report every troll for you to ban if needed.

But don't punish the good guys because of lame-ass trolls.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Olly said:
I think it'd be better to have a thread with a list of everything tried and such.
THERE WAS A THREAD LIKE THAT.

It was locked because trolls were being lame.

Hence my saying staff here needs to address the CAUSE of the problem, which is the people being stupid and posting off-topic crap.

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drium said:
Olly said:
I think it'd be better to have a thread with a list of everything tried and such.

Hence my saying staff here needs to address the CAUSE of the problem, which is the people being stupid and posting off-topic crap.
I'm aware. I was on that thread.
Honestly, they sdhould just ignore the spam for once.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Drium said:
Ban the trolls, and you won't see the thread go off-topic.
Ban trolls requires them reading everything and getting rid of the ones not helping. Closing the thread requires one action.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Olly said:
Drium said:
Olly said:

I'm aware. I was on that thread.
Honestly, they sdhould just ignore the spam for once.
there was only spam on the 4 threadc closed so far

An nothing has been done yet, we dont even know what is the problem yet
just guessing

czulki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OP +1

Whats the point of closing the threads? Let people talk if they want to. Closing wont solve anything.

Hatsuyuki-Subs

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The topics get closed because of the trolls, flamewars and n00bs consistently bugging the creator with 'OMG!! when is dat updaet out????', 'OMG!! when is dat out????' or 'omg! This shitz doesnt workz'

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, I was actually trying to post a reply to someone asking about the specifics of the NO$GBA fix thing when the thread closed, I'd think that would count as "on topic help"...

Message copied and pasted: "Is this the fix people say it's working for no$gba?

Yeah, basically the fix pack contains a decrypting or encrypting program for the ROM, and some edited BIOS files for NO$GBA sop it can read ROMS of that type, I don't understand how it works aside from those basic facts...

The Encryption program is called eNDryptS Advanced"

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatsuyuki-Subs said:
The topics get closed because of the trolls, flamewars and n00bs consistently bugging the creator with 'OMG!! when is dat updaet out????', 'OMG!! when is dat out????' or 'omg! This shitz doesnt workz'
Exactly.

So they should just swing the god damn banhammer at those people instead of punishing us all.

Staff is not hired so that they take the EASIEST solution or path to fix a problem, that's just being lazy and absolutely unprofessional.

What if you went to the doctor and instead of examining you limb by limb for your full body checkup he looked at your head, went "yeah you look fine" and told you to gtfo? Would that be acceptable? Sheesh.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit annoyed, mostly because it looks as if though the mods closing the threads are taking the easy way out that punishes everybody BUT the trolls. Rather than weeding out the idiots and trolls, and helping the ignorant they just close the threads and leave everyone in the dark; which is exactly what the trolls aim for.

Well, mission effin' accomplished, I'd say.

eumemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgewalker_001 said:
Well, I was actually trying to post a reply to someone asking about the specifics of the NO$GBA fix thing when the thread closed, I'd think that would count as "on topic help"...

Message copied and pasted: "Is this the fix people say it's working for no$gba?

Yeah, basically the fix pack contains a decrypting or encrypting program for the ROM, and some edited BIOS files for NO$GBA sop it can read ROMS of that type, I don't understand how it works aside from those basic facts...

The Encryption program is called eNDryptS Advanced"

I'm the one who asked that question, thanks for the answer.

I have done this eNDryptS procedure, and got rid of that black screen at the beginning, but sporadical freezes still happen, right? Or am I missing something?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stop making threads like this...
glare.gif

Besides, it isn't our fault if the patch walks.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what.

Why don't we just make our own freaking forum, just to talk about this? It's not hard, get a free ezboard or some shit like that.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
glare.gif

Stop making replies like this, you are exactly the sort of retarded troll who makes them close.

If none of the threads had closed maybe we'd have a patch already from uninterupted work and from all the good people not LEAVING over the threads being closed.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Maitosuklaa @ Mar 14 2010, 05:17 PM) Way too much work. No one is going to join a new forum.
If people are willing to spend HOURS hammering at roms to make a patch, I think they are willing to spend 10 minutes to register to a non-sucky forum that won't ban us or close our threads despite us not breaking any rules.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Drium said:
ProtoKun7 said:
glare.gif

Stop making replies like this, you are exactly the sort of retarded troll who makes them close.

If none of the threads had closed maybe we'd have a patch already from uninterupted work and from all the good people not LEAVING over the threads being closed.
[facepalm] You tell him to stop this kind of reply on the same kind of reply? [/facepalm]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new