Logic 101

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or they wont, because they're already way too busy spending those hours working on a patch. We should work on lessening their workload, not adding shit for them to do.

Drium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maitosuklaa said:
Or they wont, because they're already way too busy spending those hours working on a patch. We should work on lessening their workload, not adding shit for them to do.
Most of them were working on things that people pointed out or were turning to people for advice.

It's called brainstorming, and any research team will tell you it's a necessary creative process.

And yay, flamewar.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree, all of which they can do just fine on here or through PMs. Another forum would just add to their already heavy workload.

Edgewalker_001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
eumemo said:
Edgewalker_001 said:
Well, I was actually trying to post a reply to someone asking about the specifics of the NO$GBA fix thing when the thread closed, I'd think that would count as "on topic help"...

Message copied and pasted: "Is this the fix people say it's working for no$gba?

Yeah, basically the fix pack contains a decrypting or encrypting program for the ROM, and some edited BIOS files for NO$GBA sop it can read ROMS of that type, I don't understand how it works aside from those basic facts...

The Encryption program is called eNDryptS Advanced"

I'm the one who asked that question, thanks for the answer.

I have done this eNDryptS procedure, and got rid of that black screen at the beginning, but sporadical freezes still happen, right? Or am I missing something?

And graphical glitches, and disappearing cities XD

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Drium, how long have you been in the forum? you have 15 posts?

You're just one of those people who wants all the right to post away just to solve
a problem. I know you mean good but....

You don't know what happens when the forum is flooded with useless threads and
posts every time games like this is released. IT GOES AWAY. CRASH. 404. 505. LOL. u know?

It is better to moderate the forum with strict mods so you can always check back anytime for any
progress than to keep posting until the load on the server is full and disables the website
entirely. Bad times.

we all know that after a few days the patch will be created and released so there's no need to
debate a temporary fix.

EDIT:
my cyclo runs it fine except after 23 actions, like talking to people, youre pokemon,
getting into battles, etc. the next fade-in will crash the game. sometimes half of the screen turns
black and you see yourself walking towards it. quite funny.

For now i count battles and people i talk to, when i get to the 22nd action, i save, then
reset. It will reset the action count.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Please take this very seriously. It's from a ROM releaser in the #HGSS as many of you in there will recognize but none will relay back here.

[23:43:38] if you want to know actually how to do it
[23:43:44] the protection to check for flashcards
[23:43:54] reads from under 8000h
[23:44:02] so you can find it very easily in no$gba
[23:46:38] read what i said closely
[23:46:47] its just the same typical protection as usual
[23:47:26] it doesnt matter what the EFFECTS of the protection are
[23:47:31] they all check the same thing
[23:47:46] they all use the same method to actually see if its a flashcard
[23:48:24] not the same every game

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I guess hacking a lame game for a whole bunch of lamers isn't particularly appealing...
smile.gif

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Searinox said:
Please take this very seriously. It's from a ROM releaser in the #HGSS as many of you in there will recognize but none will relay back here.

[23:43:38] if you want to know actually how to do it
[23:43:44] the protection to check for flashcards
[23:43:54] reads from under 8000h
[23:44:02] so you can find it very easily in no$gba
[23:46:38] read what i said closely
[23:46:47] its just the same typical protection as usual
[23:47:26] it doesnt matter what the EFFECTS of the protection are
[23:47:31] they all check the same thing
[23:47:46] they all use the same method to actually see if its a flashcard
[23:48:24] not the same every game

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
#HGSS on the GBAtemp IRC. Also check out this.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1768816

"On a normal DS game, if the game tries to access the memory below the 8000h range, it gets redirected to 8000h + offset"

Nintendo could very well have made some of its instructions access certain addresses that the game needs by referring to it as 8000h-offset, trusting that the games will always be working with the correct address on a real cart. In the presence of a flashcart the memory data would just "spill over" into the

Grifstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still wish everyone good luck on trying to figure this out. It's still too early to try giving up, I think. And it if really is partially a firmware problem then there should be updates coming out for that soon (Considering how god popular Pokemon and G/S is, it'd be stupid of the firmware developers not to do it once they know how)

Although I wonder (and main point why I'm posting), if by some chance it turns out the AP is just that indestructible and no one can possibly get rid of it, will that mean people might go back to trying to translate the Japanese roms? Because from what I gathered all the projects canceled at some point mid-way because it seemed pointless that the English one should have been coming out in x amount of months. But if most of the English ones hardly even work, especially after a certain point, maybe it might be a good idea to get back to those as a last resort.

Although now I also hear that even the Japanese ones still have some AP problems left over, only they're so minor now.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I finally understand how piracy check works and realize the wrong ways of this thread. What a pathetic little fail. Is it time to post LUEshi pics yet?

nubson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you're trying to invoke logic in to this human behaviour, when your suggestion is actually just subjective.
and this thread, nor is this post im writing really helping it either >.>

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
strange when I look in asm mode on ct2 it mentions a few times that address
in about 8 games now with ap problems but when I look it just seems to be normal redirects and register clearing/cleaning maybe the placment just needs to edited or incomplete register clearing
I just have no idea how to fix that my knowledge of which registers are safe to touch or clear isn't that good
I'd have to go through that documentation and track one by one and just for one game thats a lot to track just for register clearing

OY does that make any sense....?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-