Homebrew RELEASE Lockpick - Switch key derivation homebrew

Cerberusflame99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running any custom kip sysmodules, qlaunch overrides or launching hbmenu with something other than Album or anything else custom? If so can you try without?

I researched this pretty extensively in the making of Lockpick and unfortunately it can't be done due to security features of the Switch. The only workarounds are via payload and Hekate is the cleanest one short of dumping all the keys by payload, which would be ideal, but I haven't looked into it yet. It would also be much slower and there's basically no way around that.
No, the only thing im running is a clean install CFW. I was able to use Hactool to get the keys but it just printed them on the screen. no INI or DAT file. Do you know any way I can get the INI and DAT files now that I have the txt?

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the only thing im running is a clean install CFW. I was able to use Hactool to get the keys but it just printed them on the screen. no INI or DAT file. Do you know any way I can get the INI and DAT files now that I have the txt?
just rename the file, they're all just text files with different names, the contents are exactly the same

Reactions: Cerberusflame99

cbloveday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used Lockpick I got 121 keys from mine. Also would the new prod.keys from this possibly be causing my issue with zerotwoxci not installing my xci files since that app hasn’t been updated? One of my systems is no longer installing xci files only nsp. The other I have I haven’t done any of the new home brew updates because I don’t want it to start acting up too.

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used Lockpick I got 121 keys from mine. Also would the new prod.keys from this possibly be causing my issue with zerotwoxci not installing my xci files since that app hasn’t been updated? One of my systems is no longer installing xci files only nsp. The other I have I haven’t done any of the new home brew updates because I don’t want it to start acting up too.
yeah it looks like when zerotwo pulls from a keyfile it only looks for up to key_04 and there's 05 and 06 now so it won't work on any game that needs 6.0.0 or later

cbloveday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it looks like when zerotwo pulls from a keyfile it only looks for up to key_04 and there's 05 and 06 now so it won't work on any game that needs 6.0.0 or later

Are there any other xci installers you might suggest? I don’t own SX anything. I use Atmosphere. I tried using the converters but I get errors trying to install the nsp that is created from them and again they still won’t install.

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other xci installers you might suggest? I don’t own SX anything. I use Atmosphere. I tried using the converters but I get errors trying to install the nsp that is created from them and again they still won’t install.
i've never messed with xci, not sure.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try 4NXCI. Its a program that converts them to .NSP files on your computer but it should work with the latest games.

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update v1.2 time: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick/releases/tag/v1.2
  • Update for libnx v2.0.0 compatibility and still runs when built with v1.6.0
    • The binary got even smaller!
  • Accelerate finding FS keys
    • No longer find BIS sources as they're hardcoded (whoops)
    • Find all keys on first pass hashing FS instead of hashing the whole thing from the beginning repeatedly (whoops)

cbloveday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try 4NXCI. Its a program that converts them to .NSP files on your computer but it should work with the latest games.

Thanks. I’m trying that one now. The download I tried first only had the .exe, change log, license, and read me files. I aced my keys but couldn’t get it to work until I downloaded one called XCItoNSP and combined the two. Then it started working (I think) it’s still converting my first xci on it. Big game file so I’m assuming that’s what’s taking so long.

EDIT: Just finished using the 4NXCI to convert my Warriors Orochi 4 and got NCA Verification Failed when trying to install it with the DZ/Tinfoil.

Last edited by cbloveday,

SuperStarSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to use Lockpick recently, but whenever I launch it from my Homebrew Launcher it flashes the normal Lockpick interface for less than a second and then instantly fades to black forcing me to shutdown the switch. I have tried the latest version and a few earlier verions as well. My switch is a 1.0.0 with a freshly installed sdsetup with Kosmos default package. The sd card is 128GB micro sd formatted to fat32. My other homebrew software function correctly. I dumped both fuse info and tsec keys. The same error occurs. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)